Hopi Ear Candles.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lavender-blue

Reaction score
Hi geekies

I was wondering how many of you have done hopi ear candling, and what you think of it?
Iv never recieved it myself and would like to try it as I suffer headaches and have been told hopi is good for headaches?

I'm sorry if this has been asked before. As a holistic therapist I dont actually offer it as a treatment yet, but would really like to try it out before I do.

Anyone?

Thanx
Elaine xxx

Hopi ear candling....has been discussed at length on several threads of late.....and seems a very controversial subject as some threads have been closed due to the heated debates that occurred.
Here is a link to one..http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/66656-hopi-ear-candles.html

If you just put the word hopi in the search you will find all the others.

my daughter is going to be studying this soon...

I am really looking forward to being her guinea pig....as I do get a lot of headaches...mainly stress headaches....

be interesting to see what it is like...and if it cures my headaches!!!!
Nothing ventured, nothing gained..... :lol:

You should go for it Elaine... try it yourself...if you like it...then it might be worth adding it to your treatments.... xxxxxx

I have had ear candling treatment for sinus probs and found that it did help relieve the pressure pain, I think its a nice add on treatment Elaine and will help some people so go for it.
I know that Nailzoo hates them with a passion and normally asks for scentific proof that they work.
But they did work for me whether it be placebo or not they helped:)

i think it sounds really nice, and even if it doesnt have any 'proven' benefits, its a nice relaxing treatment none the less, no harm in being open minded, not evrything HAS 2 have a reason and purpose!

lets feel the love for hopi ear candles geeks :hug: :D

I Have had this treatment and i think its brilliant, so relaxing, calming and very enjoyable.

I can't understand why anybody wouldn't like this treatment,

its lush lush lemon gush!

I've never had this treatment before. I don't think I really believe that there is any benefit from the candles themself, but like a number of complimentary therapies, what I believe is that it is the care given by the therapist that actually does the "healing". The interest, touch, listening of the therapist is what encourages the body and mind to try to heal itself. If people do believe that it does help as well, then so much the better!

I have heard it is a very relaxing treatment, so I may try it and may have my mind totally changed.

I was thinking of taking my son for this treatment in the hope it may help with excessive ear wax...does anyone know if it will help him?

must just add i havent heard 1 bad word about it xx

It seems that the people that have had it seem to have had a good experience. I found the treatment very relaxing and it did seem to help with blocked ears.

Even if this is just a placebo as long as I felt better I don't care! xxx

:lol::lol::lol:.Im saying nothing except i too like ear candling.

Thanks for the positive replies. :hug::hug:
I am definately going to do this now I'v read these replies.

I can't wait.

I am qualified in most holistic therapies but put hopi ear candling on the back burner (pardon the pun!!):) for some time.

Thanx again:hug: Elaine
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I think there are lots of us that like it.All it takes is to stand up and say my names ??? and i like ear candling.

Id say go for it Elaine, alot of use find it very theraputic indeed, so go and have a treatment, and then that will apur you on to do a course!

It seems like a very popular addition to a treatment menu!!

I myself find it very relaxing!

xxxxxx:hug:

I was reading something the other day about a women who ear candles her dogs and someone else has done a goat.Probably not easy but there you go.

I was reading something the other day about a women who ear candles her dogs and someone else has done a goat.Probably not easy but there you go.

pmsl....

a dog I can just about take...

but a GOAT :eek:

:D that is so funny...Gillian you made my day...:hug:

Oh WOW!!
I might try it on my dog. Does it stop them from barking? If it does I will try it.:green:
It surely cant do any harm. If its safe and effective for humans well it must be okay for animals.
Thanx Gillian thats been really helpful.
xx

I think there are lots of us that like it.All it takes is to stand up and say my names ??? and i like ear candling.

My name is Louise and I like ear candling :lol: pmsl Gillian

I agree that it is a wonderful treatment and have had many clients who feel better after. Is it a placebo or a physical effect? - who knows but the end result is that the client is happy and relaxed.

Those who like this treatment will never convince those who don't think it works so we all have to agree to disagree on this one.:irked:

It was her Golden Retriever she said she did him by the swimming pool just in case anything happened so she could throw him in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back