horrible clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrobinson

Reaction score
il have to reply to this thread as it wont let me post long threads!...........

Rrrr what a wek ive had all ruined by ONE lady!
She came in about 10 weeks ago and explained shed been cutting her own hair for the past 4 years(!) . it was curly, long but then a suqare like mullet and looked terrible. She asked if i could blend it through, and i said i would try my best but i couldnt do it perfectally, as shed have to grow it, or go shorter. So i did it and she left happy
She then rebooked with me and came in on thurs. She asked for the same again but with shorter layers, her hair is already 1” short on top and i exp[lianed there was no way she could have shorter layetrs without loosing some of the length as this would need to be blended in. She siad she had cut it herself in between appontments again. So i tried my best again and she didnt seem happy, she dried it herself and faffed about, then i said go home and play with it if u want somehting diff doing ring tomorrow and il try fit u in. She said ok and off she went. My male manager was stood next to me through all this with his client so had heard her say shed cut her own hair........

She rang the next day and said she wanted it blended in more. I had to return her call as i was with another client, so i spoke to my male manager and said i felt i could do no more with her hair and didnt know what to do. He said to ring her and say i felt like id hit a brick wall but she was wlcome to see anyone else and c what they said. So i called her back and said this so she said shed lave it a few weeks.
She then came in today and asked to speak to the boss, unfortunaly the male boss was off today and she spoke to the female boss who knew none fo the wsituation.

After the lady had gone the boss tok me upstairs and asked for my version of events and i told her. She said the lady had told her i had accused her of cuttin gher own hair, which she had never done, and i was v rude to her!!! (im very quiet and shy, im never rude to anyone ven if i wanted to be) so my boss said someone is lying how do i kno its not u jenna
I said well the male boss was stood next to me and heard her say she cut her own hair so i do have proof, and i could never be rude to anyone.
The boss was quiet nasty about it, and this is whats upet me cos everyone else said forget it u get peple like that and the male boss said dont worry about it, then she was quiet nasty about it.
Iv only been there 2 months and this happens!

sorry its so long just needed to get that off my chest

After the lady had gone the boss tok me upstairs and asked for my version of events and i told her. She said the lady had told her i had accused her of cuttin gher own hair, which she had never done, and i was v rude to her!!! (im very quiet and shy, im never rude to anyone ven if i wanted to be) so my boss said someone is lying how do i kno its not u jenna
I said well the male boss was stood next to me and heard her say she cut her own hair so i do have proof, and i could never be rude to anyone.
The boss was quiet nasty about it, and this is whats upet me cos everyone else said forget it u get peple like that and the male boss said dont worry about it, then she was quiet nasty about it.
Iv only been there 2 months and this happens!

ahhh, dont worry, i'm sre it will all come good when the other manager tells her what really happened.

shes probably got herself into such a state that she has convinced herself of her own version of events. shes been a fool by cutting it herself and now she doesnt want to admit it.

HI

Quite obviously your boss needs to go on some staff management courses!! I cant do enough for me clients but if one of them is trying it on and basically attempting to get one of my girls into trouble with me i would tell the client i will investigate and call her!

Staff morale and support should be very important to your boss. Happy staff = happy clients = a happy profitable salon!

YOU have done everything by the book. The female manager obviously is completely in the dark, and I am sure, once she has talked to the male manager she will calm down.

YOU couldn't have done anything else, so try not to worry honey.

pah clients are like this sweetie, not all just some! When I left my old place to set up my salon last year (it was not a good ending with the salon, my boss didn't deal with it professionally at all and sacked me for going in to competition with her!) one of my ''loyal'' clients gave me her business card and gave me all the ''oh god no-one can do my hair like you, will you come to my house until your salon is ready for opening'' blah blah blah so I did, she was chuffed to bits, paid double what she used to pay in the salon for my inconvenience etc, booked an appointment with me at my new salon, text me that day saying she couldn't make it in as she had a tummy bug and would be in touch when she was better. I have since heard that she has been going to my old salon and told the owner that i had contacted her after I had left and was always texting her etc, I had no contact with her apart from when she rang/text me regarding me doing her hair, The cheek! Good job I still had her business card with a little personal msg scrawled in it along with her personal mobile number! my old boss was doing her nut about it, it all worked out to my advantage though as the boss looked like an idiot for flying off the handle about it and the client was exposed as the slippery liar that she is. Anyways my point is that no matter how loyal/trustworthy you think a client is, some of them aren't.

Dont worry about it, I think she probably doesnt like her hair and is looking for someone to blame, even if the manager had done her hair, or anyone else in the salon she would have done exactly the same xxx

the lady never came back, i was giving it 6 weeks, scanning every day page for her name!!! but thankfully she didnt come back, salons dont need clients like that that upsets their staff do they........

She probably has done the rounds, gone to all of the hairdressers around about and outstayed her welcome.

did female boss realise she was wrong to not get the facts before having a go at you? surely she has sense to realise that most clients 'extend the truth' to show themselves in a better light.

yes the female boss did apologise to me the next day, she said shes spoke to the male boss and understands she had believed the client under false pretences and she was sorry for that. she said dont worry about it, i felt like saying ive been worrying all weekend!!!!

you SHOULD have told her that you had been worrying all weekend, let her know that you were upset by the situation.

Might make her a better manager.

Glad that she apologised to you, and now that both managers are up to speed with this problematic client, if she does ring for an appointment, they will give her to someone else.

ffs. Some people could not manage their way out of a paper bag! I think this woeful tale says more about crap management skills than it does about slippery customers.

Be strong and if it gets too much - get out. I am glad that one boss said sorry to you, as someone else said happy staff equals a happy salon.

good luck chicken xx

don't worry about these kind of client, while there picking on you there leaving somebody else alone, i've owned my own salon for 4 years now, and nothing ceases to amaze me, client s are fickle, they say they love there hair never been so happy. and you never see them again, a client who says very little are the clients who return time after time. and then you get the pain in the neck clients, who never seem happy with whatever you do , and still keep coming back. when you see them in the appointment book your filled with dread and depression.:confused: thg

Latest posts

Back