Horrid horrid Greenies - urgh!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sue

Reaction score
Please please help me - and quick!!!

I have been working on clients at last, and they have been pleased with the results and the price - I refuse to charge salon prices till I am salon standard.

The thing is infills/backfills fill me with dread - I tried doing my own thumb the other night and what a mess - filed it flush, applied product after first prepping, then priming and then using Line-Out. The pink of the nail was two tone where the old and new met - the line was horrible and very visible. On myself this is acceptable - I can cover up with polish - but its not good enough when it comes to clients. Any expert advice?

Also 'Greenies' - I discovered that a couple of my nails are suffering - so I am now having to wear polish to disguise this. Why does it happen, what am I doing wrong, how would you explain to a client about it if it happened to them - and lastly what can I do about it? Could you still apply an extention - or do the nails have to be left bare?

I am feling disillusioned at the moment due to not feeling that I know enough on this side of things - the original nails - no probs, I'm happy with how I;m progressing - but the rest of it and the worry of how to deal with clients if they ever did come in complaining about greenies or whatever - well, how do you get over that one!?

Sorry - this is so garbled, got a client in a while and am rushing to get ready for her.

Thanks in advance

Love
Sue
xxx

OK so as I see it we are asking about 2 problems here.
1. 2 tone colour on rebalancing and fill lines
2. greenies

1. 2 tone colour is due to ageing of the acrylic you are using. I suggest you buy a higher end product and this should not happen. It is a #1 sign of using a low grade product line ... it doesn't need to happen.

As for using 'Line out' it would be better to use skillful rebalancing techniques and you will not have to use a product that 'sticks' down a lift line that should not be there in the first place. Again my advice is to move on up to a better grade of product.

2. As for Greenies ... you MUST remove the product from your nails and start again. Certainly do not rebalance and then hope for the best ... the green will only get worse. Clean up the nail and re-apply. All these problems can be solved by changing to a better product. Green nail should be a thing of the past with proper prep and a product that STICKS to the nail.

You should not have to be explaining these problems to a client or apologizing for them. Your product is causing most of your problems unless you are not working correctly with it. the aging thing is definitely product 'going off' in the few short weeks between rebalances ---- unacceptable.

Thanks for that Geeg - the product I use is new to me. I was an NSI girl - but then tried a sample kit of Star Nails ... which I love. If I need to upgrade my product do any of you know of any similar to Star Nails - for me personally it works like a dream.

As for the greenies thing - you say clean up the nail - with what? and do I have to wait till the green vanishes before applying a new set? How long can this process take? Hours, days, weeks, months?

Thanks so much for a fair detailed responce.

Love
Sue
xxx

Hi Sue,

I just have to ask the question ....................
If you are having these unacceptable problems with your current product line ... why do you love it so much??? It isn't working like a dream, it sounds more like a bit of a nightmare!! :?

Did you have these problems with NSI??? Why did you change? NSI is certainly a better product in my opinion than the one you are currently using.

Which Star system are you using? Most of us geeks are very familiar with ALL the other product lines, and it does help when answering Q's to know with just what system one is having difficulties.

Oh ... The 'Clean up.' question.

Remove the enhancement if it is green underneath .... and sanitize really well with your current nail sanitiser or ScrubFresh (which has pathogen fighting agents in it to stop things like greenies from ever happening). When dry, (prime if you use primer) and apply the overlay as normal.

The colour (which is just colour and NOT infection) is a stain, which will have to grow out with time. The bacterial infection will have been 'killed off' when you sanitized but the stain remains. Do not try and buff it away as the nail will be soft and you will only cause damage.

If you click on the links within this post, you will find out much more detailed information about this subjuct. One of the many tricky little cool things about this site!! "Oh hail GMG".

Hey sue... just a quick add on...

'Line be gone' type of products are cyanoacrylate resins (like your tip adhesives) that can trap oil, moisture, and contamination under the enhancement.
This is a recipe for a bacterial infection.
When you use an adhesive to 'stick down' or hide an area of lift (or to stick a nail on the plate) without really cleansing and dehydrating first... you will only be trapping bacteria there that will grow into a lovely shade o green.

In my opinion... stop using cyanoacrylates on unclean surfaces and you wont have greenies ;)

Have you read the novel on Bacterial infections and rebalancing yet? That can help.

Good luck

Great information you've given us :p I was just wondering where to get the product "ScrubFresh" :?: Also i've seen anti fungal treatments at the wholesaler - will these products help to clear up the greenie quickly or is it better to allow it to grow off the nail :?:

Thanks

Well Sue,
sounds like you are having a bit of a bad time there.................

Geeg has covered it all in her answer, but....................
I think one of the best things to do is........................
Have a 1-2-1 class with a good tutor, that way you can focus on just the problem areas.....................

A 1-2-1 on infill lines,will show you how to meet a fill line rather then chase it..........................
Thous avoiding the need for line-out.

Good products will not discolour and will stay nice looking........and after a maintenance, infill, rebalance call it what you like, will look like brand new..................

You can get Scrubfresh from Creative...............
It is brill.......................

Just a thought Hun........

Love Ruth xxxx

Geeg - I say "Its a dream" - due to the fact that initially for the first set of nails I find the product such a dream to work with. I seem to handle it much better than any other product I've sampled so far.

I'd love to know which products you all think are the best - L & P. Also are they products which can only be bought if you have trained with that particular company.

I've trained with NSI and tried Simplicite - hated it. Choice, standard set - I was fine with this ... till I tried the Star Nails ... and then, trying to use the Choice after Star Nails - well, I dont know what happened! Just couldn't work with it the same.

As for the greenies question - I have had an e-mail advising me to remove the nail extention ... clean natural nail in surgical spirit and leave the nail bare of extentions till the green disappears. Would you advocate this?

thankyou
Love
Sue
xxx

Sue said:
As for the greenies question - I have had an e-mail advising me to remove the nail extention ... clean natural nail in surgical spirit and leave the nail bare of extentions till the green disappears. Would you advocate this?xxx

Hi Sue - I have quickly posted this section that Gigi wrote again because the correct methods are right there!! Please check it out again and follow the instructions and you should be fine! ;)

Oh ... The 'Clean up.' question.

Remove the enhancement if it is green underneath .... and sanitize really well with your current nail sanitiser or ScrubFresh (which has pathogen fighting agents in it to stop things like greenies from ever happening). When dry, (prime if you use primer) and apply the overlay as normal.

The colour (which is just colour and NOT infection) is a stain, which will have to grow out with time. The bacterial infection will have been 'killed off' when you sanitized but the stain remains. Do not try and buff it away as the nail will be soft and you will only cause damage.

If you click on the links within this post, you will find out much more detailed information about this subjuct. One of the many tricky little cool things about this site!! "Oh hail GMG".

:oops: WHOOPS ... ME AGAIN!
Sorry to continue this saga but .... my Nail Pure (from NSI) contains isopropyl alcohol, butyl acetate, ethyl acetate - it doesn't mention pathogen - does this mean there is a better nail pure out there for me? If there is a better one - is it compatible with all systems?

:oops: Sorry to be prolonging this thread I just need to get this sorted in my head and to enable me to complete my work to the best of my abilities - once again thanks so much for all your advice

GREAT SITE - Great members - Love it! 8)

Love
Sue
xxx

http://uk.msnusers.com/NailMates

Hi Sue,
Pathogen is bacteria. If you are using Star use the sanitising/dehydrating spray (equivalent of Scrubfresh). This will clean the plate, once you have removed the enhancement and the green will grow out.

Hope this helps. :D
Kellie

Hi sue,

Please be sure to read the following before continuing this thread:

http://www.samuelsweet.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=766
http://www.samuelsweet.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=760
http://www.samuelsweet.com/viewarticle.php?articleid=7&start=1

All of your answers are contained in this thread as well as the links above.

Once youve checked those links out (the last one is 3 pages long), please feel free to ask for any clarification on the issue. They should help out big time.

THANKS SAM - YOU'RE THE MAN!!! :D

Love
Sue
xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back