Horrific experience

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

collette

Reaction score
A girl had called me to see if i could come and look at her hands as she'd got acrylic extensions done 2 weeks ago at a nail bar in a shopping mall. When i went to the appointment i was totaly horified at the state of her hands, it looked like there was a fungal infection on 3 of her fingers, 6 were cut round the cutical with nasty twisted laseration, which looked to me like a harsh gritted file had been used without proper care, on the plate of 4 fingers it looked like the layers had been taken down so much that the flesh underneath was exposed, she had to wear cotton mits to protect and hide her hands. When i saw them, well you can imagine my reaction, she burst into tears. I said there was nothing i could do for her just now due to the broken skin and the possible infection, she would need to go see her GP ASAP, once she had done that give me a phone and we could take it from there, i felt so sorry for her. The place she got them done, has not got a good reputation grab , I've had to deal with about 8 people who have been there and have had similar but not as bad as this girl.

What really 'p twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted ' me off is none of them want to do anything about this, is there anything that can be done? i would think so that's the whole point of insurance is it not? How can this be stopped as the honest, qualified tech's out there are getting a bad rep. due to shoddy jack of all trades.

Your advice on this one would be appreciated
collette

In this kind of situation I can not stress how important it is to get photographic evidence which is signed and witnessed and dated. Then the client has to make representation to the salon immediately as to how unhappy she is. She also need witnesses as to how upset she is to make a written testimony.

This has caused this girl real mental anguish and pain and she should be compensated. She should see a solicitor and sue for damages. If more people did this and saw it through, to the end, it would stop ignorant idiots like the ones who operate this salon from being in business... they couldn't afford it!

As Geeg said photographic evidence.........
Get her to take pictures of the nails, close ups................. she then takes them to her doctor, he can then sign and witness them, to the fact that they are her nails and that she had to seek medical attention...
All this is then presented to the office of fair trading, health and safety people. She must also complain to the Salon and tell the Salon that she will take legal action..................
As she had excessive cuts and abrasions, and as this happened on the premises of the Nail Bar, they are liable for personal damages............
She can take this legally as far as she would like............
You can write a small statement supporting the findings and the actions that you took..i.e. referral to her GP................

Don't let them get away with this..........
Because if they pay , they will remember to be more professional
this is not professional behavior

love Ruth xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back