Horrific intimate waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joannedesouza41

Beleza beauty
Reaction score
A friend text me in the morning asking if I could walk her, ran out of my normal wax so nipped to salon services and picked up some salon systems hot wax. Heated it as normal, applied the oil, applied the wax waited for it to set, lifted the tab...... pulled..... and it split half way through the pull this happened 3 separate times. I had to apply more wax over it to get it off. It was like the outsides were hard and set however the middle had not set. I left the wax a little longer than normal on the next area and the same thing happened.

I ended up tiding up her bikini area and asking her to come back when my usual wax had arrived from an online delivery. I felt awful as this was uncomfortable for my friend.

Any one seems had this or know why this would have happened?

Thanks in advance xxx

A friend text me in the morning asking if I could walk her, ran out of my normal wax so nipped to salon services and picked up some salon systems hot wax. Heated it as normal, applied the oil, applied the wax waited for it to set, lifted the tab...... pulled..... and it split half way through the pull this happened 3 separate times. I had to apply more wax over it to get it off. It was like the outsides were hard and set however the middle had not set. I left the wax a little longer than normal on the next area and the same thing happened.

I ended up tiding up her bikini area and asking her to come back when my usual wax had arrived from an online delivery. I felt awful as this was uncomfortable for my friend.

Any one seems had this or know why this would have happened?

Thanks in advance xxx

Joanne
Poor you ... Sounds a nightmare scenario, in a way better it was your friend than a new client!

I'm not familiar with the wax product so I can't comment on that, but waxes are often so different in the way they work, it's the ingredients that give them their flexibility and how they set up etc.

Using a new wax takes a bit of time to find the best way to work with it and getting it right..

When I first started out I had a similar situation when I run out and it was a nightmare so since then I have an 'emergency box' with a few bags of wax and spatulas etc so if I don't order in time and stock is running low I've got a fall back!

Joanne
Poor you ... Sounds a nightmare scenario, in a way better it was your friend than a new client!

I'm not familiar with the wax product so I can't comment on that, but waxes are often so different in the way they work, it's the ingredients that give them their flexibility and how they set up etc.

Using a new wax takes a bit of time to find the best way to work with it and getting it right..

When I first started out I had a similar situation when I run out and it was a nightmare so since then I have an 'emergency box' with a few bags of wax and spatulas etc so if I don't order in time and stock is running low I've got a fall back!

Thank you, this is true would have been mortified if it was a new client.

That's a great idea, after this I am defo going to keep extra stock in a drawer so I don't have this problem again.

Thanks again

Nightmare! All waxes aren't equal and many look similar so it's easy to make the mistake of thinking that they're all great.

Try not to be too disheartened I'm sure we've all had mishaps I know I have ....I remember doing a bikini wax with warm wax and it was disastrous ...I don't know what happened that day but the wax stuck to everything but her bikini hair....I kept pulling the strip off but no hair was attached I was getting myself in such a flap I was hot bothered and panicking the poor girl ended up going home with what looked like more hair than she already had as by this point fluff and everything was sticking to her ...and yes it was a genuine paying first time client ....ouch ....I apologised prefusely and joked that i bet she'd never get an experience like that again luckily she's been a regular client for over 6 years now ....I have now moved over to hot wax lol....but I agree with the above posts I've tried lots of different hot waxes and they all seem to have different working temperatures etc I just found it was trial and error as to what I found easiest to work with and def agree with jack I ran out of my normal wax it was out of stock and had to buy a different one from the local wholesaler which I didn't find as effective so definitely have a fall back with surplus supply of wax even if it's just a bag x

I find salon services wax takes FOREVER to dry. Its a pain in the bum. What Jack said is a great idea, keep an emergency stash somewhere in case you run out again. But hey at least it was a friend and you've now learned not to use it again.

I find salon services wax takes FOREVER to dry. Its a pain in the bum. What Jack said is a great idea, keep an emergency stash somewhere in case you run out again. But hey at least it was a friend and you've now learned not to use it again.
Lol.. Just like the advert for Galaxy ... Keep a few bags in reserve!! :):)

Thank you all ladies so glad I'm not the only one its happened to.

Definitely.... secret stash contains..... hot wax, warm wax, lashes and glue, bottle of tan, galaxy chocolate and a bottle of wine haha

Thanks again girl xxx

Latest posts

Back