Horror stories!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire Olsen

Reaction score
What's everyone's latest horror stories with their clients whether it be hair, skin, nails, tanning etc..?

Curious about everyone's clients!

Please share!

I had a client in for gel polish soak off and reapplication on her toes. It was a new client so I hadn't previously applied the gel. So I got her to fill in a consultation form asking all the relevant questions health of the feet etc and there were no issues so felt confident to go ahead with the treatment.

I sprayed the feet with foot sanitiser and inspected them. The feet looked ok but I had my suspicions about the health of the nails. The gel polish looked very thick so I began to buff gently over the top to break the gel seal ready to wrap in foils when pretty much her whole big toe nail came off!! It just crumbled away under the gel and the smell was horrific!!!! All that was left was a tiny stump of nail that was still attached to the nail bed!!!!
I was so shocked and horrified, she clearly must have had a terrible fungal infection and separation of the nail bed. I explained what had happened and she just said "oh I go running a lot and my toenails are a bit dodgy".......this was way more serious than that!

I said I wouldn't be able to reapply the gel as her nails were so badly damaged (turns out it was the nails that were thick and also the gel too).

She was adamant that I would be reapplying the gel as she was off on holiday.....she had no big toe nail for goodness sake!! Became very rude and it all became very awkward and because I was trying to be nice I said I would take the rest of the gel off so she could go to the doctors and get them looked at (even though I was gagging) but I point blank refused to reapply anything.

She carried on complaining and making the whole situation really awkward when I'm only trying to help her keep the rest of her toenails haha!

In the end because i just wanted her to leave I gave in and applied regular polish to her nails and the tiny bit that was left of the big toe but threw EVERYTHING away....base coat, polish, the towel lol and disinfected everywhere twice!

I now have a fear of new clients for pedicures and removing other peoples gel! [emoji1]

I had a client in for gel polish soak off and reapplication on her toes. It was a new client so I hadn't previously applied the gel. So I got her to fill in a consultation form asking all the relevant questions health of the feet etc and there were no issues so felt confident to go ahead with the treatment.

I sprayed the feet with foot sanitiser and inspected them. The feet looked ok but I had my suspicions about the health of the nails. The gel polish looked very thick so I began to buff gently over the top to break the gel seal ready to wrap in foils when pretty much her whole big toe nail came off!! It just crumbled away under the gel and the smell was horrific!!!! All that was left was a tiny stump of nail that was still attached to the nail bed!!!!
I was so shocked and horrified, she clearly must have had a terrible fungal infection and separation of the nail bed. I explained what had happened and she just said "oh I go running a lot and my toenails are a bit dodgy".......this was way more serious than that!

I said I wouldn't be able to reapply the gel as her nails were so badly damaged (turns out it was the nails that were thick and also the gel too).

She was adamant that I would be reapplying the gel as she was off on holiday.....she had no big toe nail for goodness sake!! Became very rude and it all became very awkward and because I was trying to be nice I said I would take the rest of the gel off so she could go to the doctors and get them looked at (even though I was gagging) but I point blank refused to reapply anything.

She carried on complaining and making the whole situation really awkward when I'm only trying to help her keep the rest of her toenails haha!

In the end because i just wanted her to leave I gave in and applied regular polish to her nails and the tiny bit that was left of the big toe but threw EVERYTHING away....base coat, polish, the towel lol and disinfected everywhere twice!

I now have a fear of new clients for pedicures and removing other peoples gel! [emoji1]
Oh.my.god. i am heaving reading that...

Oh my goodness! That's crazy and disgusting!

I was reading this whilst tucking into my dinner of cauliflower cheese.. And somehow it didn't hit the spot like it normally does

This is why I refuse gel on toes. Period. It's prime area for fungal growth, an extra $10 is not worth it to me.

Oh.my.god. i am heaving reading that...
Yep so am I I'd literally vomit !!! I take my hat off to those of you who can touch other people's feet [emoji32]

Latest posts

Back