Hot/cold fusion hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helen boswell

Reaction score
Hello!
Can I ask a question if all the hair extension geeks. If you have trained in hot fusion method are you then also trained in cold fusion? I was told it is the exact same method only one is hot and one is cold? I sound like a whimp but when I was doing the hot method I just couldn't get past the burning. ‍♀️ thanks! X

There is a basic difference between hot & cold fusion hair extension. In hot fusion strand attached with a heating element on a keratin based tips. On the other hand, cold fusion is a micro link strand attaching method where small portion of hair attached through a micro link tube. Cold fusion extension is a tender alternative of hot fusion hair extension method.

Thanks for the reply I am trained in nano ring extensions which are cold fusion like you described. I was talking more specifically about the keratin tipped pre bonded extensions that are applied using the cold fusion tool which uses ultrasound waves rather than heat to melt the keratin tip. I've looked online and it looks to be the exact same application method and hair used for the extensions but using the cold tool instead of the hot one. Again thanks for your reply.

Cold fusion isn't a ring method.

Cold fusion is a machine that uses ultrasonic waves to melt the bond. You will need separate training for this

Thank you that's what I was wondering. Xx

I'm curious about the burning though? You should be using a silicone pad to mould your bonds, not only does it protect you from the hot glue but it also creates a clean bond which isn't contaminated by the oils from your skin [emoji106]

Oh no I didn't get taught to use anything other than my fingers which was hurting like hell. I left thinking I'll not be doing that again. X

Hello!
Can I ask a question if all the hair extension geeks. If you have trained in hot fusion method are you then also trained in cold fusion? I was told it is the exact same method only one is hot and one is cold? I sound like a whimp but when I was doing the hot method I just couldn't get past the burning. ‍♀️ thanks! X
Hi Hun, we teach the ultrasonic cold fusion using a digital machine which actually seals the bonds using ultrasonic waves..it doesnt get hot like hot fusion or pre bonded. Its a fabulous method and we apply them using flat and cylindrical bonds depending on client hair type x

I'm curious about the burning though? You should be using a silicone pad to mould your bonds, not only does it protect you from the hot glue but it also creates a clean bond which isn't contaminated by the oils from your skin [emoji106]

Agreed. Im baffled as to why training companies dont teach to use a silicone pad. As you say, it created a clean uncontaminated bond and, it doesn't burn you. No wonder its a dying method. Long live Hot Fusion.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1492540905.314663.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1492540931.740206.jpg

Which one do you guys use? The flat one or the one that looks like a small finger glove? X

The white silicone piece.

Omg I'm definitely ordering one of these pads!

I prefer to use my fingers,I use flat tips they are super easy to roll.

The white ones [emoji106] it takes a bit of practice but it makes a big difference x

I prefer to use my fingers,I use flat tips they are super easy to roll.
Are they easier than nail tips to use? Iv only ever used nail tips ... I love hot fusion it's the method I choose for my hair but I struggle to find someone to do it !!! Iv recently contacted 4 extensionist in my area & none offer it .. !!

Latest posts

Back