Hot oil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyandme

Reaction score
Hi all, this might be a stupid question, but how do you heat up your "hot oil"? in a safe way so you dont get heat spots?

thanks

Hi, I use my soak of bowl, it is like a hot water bottle. I put warm water in close the lid, add my oil to the bowls.

You could also use two sized bowl, put hot - warm water in one, then place the second bowl in the first, so it is about half way up the bowl ( the water ), then pop you oil in the second bowl. then just place the fingers in. HTH xx

I heat my bowl for a 30 seconds then place it on top of a heat/wheat bag.. pop in the oil and its stays really warm, works for me..

Can I ask a stupid question too?? What oil do you use when you do these hot oil manicures? I pressume quite a bit is needed? do you use your solar oil? surely this would work out quite exspensive:eek::eek:

Can I ask a stupid question too?? What oil do you use when you do these hot oil manicures? I pressume quite a bit is needed? do you use your solar oil? surely this would work out quite exspensive:eek::eek:

I was taught hot oil treatments using cuticle oil, (what you use is up to you.. but i have my preference)..I warm my bowl.. keep it on a flat wheat bag put gauze strips into the oil, then wrap one around each finger. the hands then go into a plastic liner, then towling mitts. You can buy bigger bottles of cuticle oil if you look around, and it doesnt have to be top shelf so to speak.. you can get some very good ones for a decent price.. a little goes along way!

different people are taught different things but this works for me..

wow we were never taught "hot oil" treatments at all in class. How would you perform one of these treeatments? can someone be good enough to run through the proceedure for me please? :)

Okay the coolest product I have seen yet is Earthly Body Sun Touched 3 in 1 Candles..
A candle, massage oil, and lotion in one. They have natural oils, Hemp Seed, Vitamin E, Jojoba, Avocado, and Almond.. They smell incredible and they are making edible ones now, funny!! The oils never get hot enough to burn you.. You can get them for retail with a wick or you can get them with a candle warmer so you don't have to worry about an open flame in your salon.. I have clients that call it a miracle product.. I just love them, and to burn in your home they have an incredible fragrance.. Earthly Body

When we covered this at college we used an Infra red lamp,this heated the oil up perfect,you just stir a little to avoid heat spots.

As for oils you can use any, almond etc or even one which has been pre blended with aromatherapy oil...gorgeous.You dont use loads,as when the client places her hand in the bowl she tucks her fingers down into the palm,soak the cuticles for 3 minutes then use the same oil to massage the rest of the hand and arm with,whilst other hand is soaking in the same oil.HTH

Hi
For my hot oil treatment I use heated mitts and booties.

Hands: Vitamin E, Sweet Almond & Geranium Oil
Feet: Vitamin E, Sweet Almond & Tea Tree Oil

HTH :)

Thanks Girls

Techjaylee: I have had a look at the Earthly website, I see it is an american company. How much does it cost to order the candle plus p&P?

Do you burn the candle and then use the melted product?

Thanks for all your tips

Thanks Girls

Techjaylee: I have had a look at the Earthly website, I see it is an american company. How much does it cost to order the candle plus p&P?

Do you burn the candle and then use the melted product?

Thanks for all your tips

I live in America, so I don't know how much elsewhere, but it tends to be $5.00 or so and it will probably be double that for you. I dont burn the candle in the salon, there are professional sizes that you can get without the wick. All you do is put it on a candle warmer and it is completely melted within an hour and half to two hours, they should have candle warmers for sale on their site too. I have the smaller sizes with the wick available for retail. They sell great for gifts too.

I was taught to put the oil into a bowl, soak the gauze in it, then wrap the gauze over the hands and then place them under an infra red lamp constantly checking the temp by feeling the gauze regularly and asking client - although reading others responses now im not so sure....?

we were taught to warm the oil, smaller bowl with oil floating in larger bowl of hot water (although, i do like the soak off bowl idea, might invest in one of them) soak for 3 mins, then use the oil to do the arm and hand massage, whilst other hand goes in bowl etc

xxx

I was taught to put the oil into a bowl, soak the gauze in it, then wrap the gauze over the hands and then place them under an infra red lamp constantly checking the temp by feeling the gauze regularly and asking client - although reading others responses now im not so sure....?
If it works for you then its fine.. sounds like pretty much what i do.. except i use mitts rather then a lamp..

I use sweet almond oil or grapeseed oil which i place into a small dish which is heated in a larger bowl of hot water, for a few minutes. Essential oils can be added if desired. I then remove the small dish from the bowl and the client soaks her fingertips in the oil for 10-15 minutes, when i remove the hand from the bowl i then use the oil which is remaining on the fingers to perform the massage to the hand and arm. I then repeat the massage on the opposite hand and arm.

Skin and nails are then left lovely and soft and cuticle are softened.

The client as the benefit of warm oil which helps with aching tired joints and is delighted with the soft skin, whilst salon can enjoy additional profits as it is inexpensive to provide and helps improve condition of skin and nails making salon work easier

As a bonus selling feature you could offer it as a winter warmer treatment!!

Hi

Hands: Vitamin E, Sweet Almond & Geranium Oil
Feet: Vitamin E, Sweet Almond & Tea Tree Oil

HTH :)

Sorry if I sound thick :eek:, but where can I get these oils?

Thanx :hug:

Thank you so much. Had a look on Salon Direct but couldn't find it, so will try my local Sally shop.

Thanx again. :hug:

Sorry if I sound thick :eek:, but where can I get these oils?

Thanx :hug:

No you don't :) Sallys do a whole bunch of carrier oils and pure essential oils

No you don't :) Sallys do a whole bunch of carrier oils and pure essential oils
Just felt I needed to point out that it is important you are qualified to use essential oils,I note,' Retired',is a nail geek not skin and so yes,she may be able to purchase these oils but no she shouldn't use them unless qualified:green:Sorry to be the bearer of bad news,however you can purchase pre blended and these wont pose a problem for you to use at all.

Latest posts

Back