Hot pink GHD Styler

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glitterxdust

Reaction score
hello everyone.
i thought itd be best asking on the hair forum

i bought myself the hot pink ghd straighteners but wondering if they are fake, i bought them off ebay.

the reasons i think their fake is bcs the hollogram has lots of 'ghd' logos whereas the black ones which also have the same features have a plain logo.

also the font on the lable next to the hollogoram is in a different font style :rolleyes: ... they were brand new when i got them but smell kind of like their burning and one last thing, on the handle itself where the ghd logo is on both sides has worn away and also where it says 'professional styler with ceramin technology' ive only had them a few weeks

if anybody has the same styler please help! i payed £160 for them :cry:

x

Hi hun I bought new pink ones for my daughters birthday and looking at them your ones sound real.
The hologram on the cable label has got a pic of straighteners in the middle surrounded by loads of ghds.
On her label it says this "Click ghd Holograms on ghd - The official website - A new religion for hair to verify your product or in the UK call 0845 3301 133" hths

I would say you were ripped off with the price hun if you had gone to a Hairdresser they would have only cost you £135 :hug:

ok thanks. i hope they are!

it says on mine too to go to the website to verify. so i just did it :)

x

if your still not sure then just go to a local shop/hairdressers and have a look at some to compare.hth

probably - and they are cheaper else where..do they work well?there is a way of checking if they are fake or not..it should tell u on the booklet, think theyres a code on the hologram or sumthing, if they are fake and u paid through paypal, then appeal it and paypal will refund you

We got a letter sent to are salon recently saying a large number of fake GHD straighteners were turing up on ebay. Also one of our customers bought a pair of ebay for £115 and they turned out to fake. do you have a picture you can upload???

oh the curse of ebay!

i've heard ghd are the best

i hope yours are ok hun

Hiya

It sounds like they are genuine to me.

I checked mine and there is a pair of straighteners on the hologram and then lots of little ghd logos all round them.

I also looked at the writing that says about the ceramic technology. I have used mine twice so far and I was horrified to see that the cord has started to wear away the writing on them. It has kind of smudged as though the ink has run. And I keep them safe and wrapped up in their little zippy case thing and the zip is broken.

I know they are genuine and I love them.

Yours sound the same to me.

Good luck and I hope they turn out to be ok.
:)

if the ink on yours has smudged and faded abit and yours are genuwine then i think mine are. they work really well there brill. i used my old ones (morphy richards) every day but these seem like they are drying my hair out so much. i shall have to cut back! lol

xx

I bought some black MK IV GHD's from e-bay, they were fakes. I have had a refund, and i now have another set. I confirned these as fake by ringing GHD directly and they told me immieditatley that the code on the cord had been registered 381 times before and that these are definitely fakes. If anyone thinks they have purchased fakes ring GHD before using them!!

so it had a code still even thought they were fake?!

people go through so much to make them look exact same dont they

i will give ghd a ring just to make sure.

ive got some back up nicky clarke ones just incase they decide to blow!

hello everyone.
i thought itd be best asking on the hair forum

i bought myself the hot pink ghd straighteners but wondering if they are fake, i bought them off ebay.

the reasons i think their fake is bcs the hollogram has lots of 'ghd' logos whereas the black ones which also have the same features have a plain logo.

also the font on the lable next to the hollogoram is in a different font style :rolleyes: ... they were brand new when i got them but smell kind of like their burning and one last thing, on the handle itself where the ghd logo is on both sides has worn away and also where it says 'professional styler with ceramin technology' ive only had them a few weeks

if anybody has the same styler please help! i payed £160 for them :cry:

x
HELLO,YEP I AM AFRAID SO,THEY WILL BE FAKES,THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF MK4S ON EBAY ALL FAKE(ESPECIALLY THE HOT PINK ONES),I REPAIR GHDS FOR A LIVING AND I GET APPROX 10PAIRS OF FAKE HOT PINKS A WEEK,ALL HAVE TO BE SENT BACK,THEY ARE ALSO DANGEROUS AS QUITE OFTEN THEY OVERHEAT,IF I WERE YOU I WOULD CONTACT YOUR SELLER OR OPEN A DISPUTE THROUGH PAYPAL AND TRY AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK.

TO VERIFY THEY ARE GENUNE,TRY REGISTERING THEM ON GHDHAIR.COM,IF REGISTRATION FAILS THEN YOU KNOW FOR SURE THEY ARE FAKES,IF YOU NEED ANY HELP YOU CAN CONTACT ME HERE OR ON EBAY (NEILANDT) OR EMAIL ME AT [email protected],I ALSO REPAIR GHDS BUT ONLY GENUINE ONES,NOT FAKES!:smack:

eBay.co.uk Guides - FAKE ghd MkIV STYLERS on eBay UK Mk 4 PINK HAIR IRONS

This is a really good guide to fake pink GHDs. I naively bought some thinking they were genuine and turned out to be very obvious fakes. They were really cheap looking and matched this ebay description to a T. :irked:

I was very lucky and managed to get my money back from the seller. Others havent been so lucky as the seller seems to have done a bunk after selling and not supplying IPODs.

Ebay is Delboy heaven. Dodgy dealer central.

If you paid by Paypal, you could report it and try and get a refund.

if that ebay link is right then mine are genuine, they dont have a black ring around the cord and have 2 holes not 3. also on my heat mat it doesnt say king fun or whatever it said lol

Hi
ghd are taking legal action to try to stop the flood of fakes from china. One good way to spot the very best fakes is that the "Made in Korea" is an over label which hides "Made in China".
Essentially it is buyer beware, the phrase "if it seems too god to be true, it usually is " is so true here. RRP for the ghd iv styler is £119 how then, can companies sell at £85-89 and make a good enough profit (most companies want 35-40%)?
Another example: ghd pink stylers were a very limited edition in October and sold very well, many sold out in advance...so how come there are plenty on ebay and online still? Our ghds come directly from ghd (Jemella) and they sold out of pinks months ago!
Look out for the old style (small) pink box with light pink mk3 style iron in, they are almost bound to be copies.
Remember the good ghd IV stylers fakes have the right box, the DVD and the 2 instruction books. So...buy from people you can trust! If you do buy online register on the ghd site (many fakes all have the same serial number) If its fake and you payed by card, do a charge back through your card provider and inform trading standards.
Hope this helps!

Hey i need some help please, I'm David and its my girlfriends Birthday soon. Shes loves her hair, soooo i thought id get some pink ghds. But i cant find many places online where to get them from. Id prefer the box set, where u get the dvd, clips and case cz i'll spend whatever for her to be happy but...Want to get a good deal too :D. If anyone could help? Im from Nuneaton and we dont really have many salons :S.

You can telll the fakes very easily, Very shabby and the dvd's are poor quality-the pink leads on the fakes have a black ring at the connector whereas the genuine one's are all pink. There is a few good sites out there- one that was reccommended to me is www.ghdsupplies.com i bought a purple set for £110 which have been confirmed as genuine by ghd uk - they also sell the hot pink for around £80 . The best thing is it has a geust book where people leave comments and its also paypal friendly - so thats extra piece of mind....

After reading some of your comments i decided to check my pink ghd's and tried to register them on the website but got a message back asking me to call the hotline!!
I also followed the link to the ebay site to check for fakes, mine do not have a black ring on the end of the swivel cord but also dont have any holes!!:confused:
checked the press studs and they have neither of the 2 suggetions so now i really beleive mine are fake also :mad:
i bought them from a website and paid via paypal but not on ebay and i got them last summer so i really dont think i stand a chance of getting any compensation, just learnt that if it seems too good to be true, it is!!!

You can telll the fakes very easily, Very shabby and the dvd's are poor quality-the pink leads on the fakes have a black ring at the connector whereas the genuine one's are all pink. There is a few good sites out there- one that was reccommended to me is www.ghdsupplies.com i bought a purple set for £110 which have been confirmed as genuine by ghd uk - they also sell the hot pink for around £80 . The best thing is it has a geust book where people leave comments and its also paypal friendly - so thats extra piece of mind....

Checked out your link cos i was gonna buy some new ghd's and the account is suspended!!

Latest posts

Back