Hot stone heater smell

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoealana

Reaction score
Hi just wanted to know if anyone had any tips on how to stop your hot stone heater smelling. I have 'burned it off' several times and it just keeps coming back. I have been in touch with the company I bought it off but they cant help as i bought it a couple of years ago. I never used it until recently and it is my own fault I didnt check it properly but I need to use it now and am considering binning the heater and saving for a new one.:sad:

Keep with it for a little longer, the smell should go eventually. It seems a shame to bin it.

I burnt mine off a couple of times for a longish time and then the first time I used it I could smell it when I first heated up the water but after a couple more uses no noticeable smell as such just a hottish smell if that makes sense!.

Does it still really smell when you have got the stones in water in it?

Hi zoealana we had this problem with ours where I used to work, we burnt it off loads and it still smelt well a bit fishy lol,

every time we used we put in a few drops of essential oil into the water to hide the smell a bit we generally used lavender and only a couple of drops, I am not saying this is ok and I'm not sure if the manufacturers would recommend it but it's the only thing we found helped with the smell, hth x

Hi i got advised to not put any oil in the water and yup it is fishy smelling even with water I dunno what to do :(

It's a hard one my old boss contacted the manufacturer tons of times and they just kept saying it will go but it never did,

to be honest we never did a massive amount of hot stone massages so she decided jus to put a drop or two in the water whilst it heated up, it did help a bit but I used to put the oil burner on in the treatment for a while before as well to try and build a different smell up in the room x

ok well i have found that my ashleigh and burwood fragrance lamp neutralises it completely but its the cost of filling that. may have to resort to it

Yeh I know what you mean, it's such a shame as well because it's a really lovely treatment maybe some other geeks have a solution for you :) x

I think some of the heaters need a little water in the base of the tank to stop it burning. The one I used at my old work did. That might help. X

Hi Lolly do you mean between the heater and the thing i put the stones and water in??? if so i may give this a go

Yeah that's what I mean. So of you took the ceramic part out and poured a little water in the metal bit. If ours burned out it had a horrible burning smell. :) x

Great I will give that a go. Thanks so much. Yet again its geeks to the rescue

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

No problems. Let me know if it helps :) x

Whilst you are trying to sort it out here is something that might make you laugh or think I am a wee horror!

When I first smoked mine out, I left it outside on our porch where there are outside electrical sockets and the smell wouldn't be in the house, so after about an hour or so I stuck my head out and it was smoking away nicely.

I hung around a bit and was listening to the evening sounds, lot of conservation land around our house and always nice little critters running around. A bit later I decided it was done and let it cool down and then put it away in the car ready to take to the spa.

A couple of days later I was brushing the porch and noticed an exploded frog - poor little thing had obviously been jumping around the porch earlier in the week and quite faniced the big silver shiny thing - only to land on it too late and well bascially exploded with the heat.

I was only sorry I hadn't noticed it early and I could have had frogs legs that night:twisted::twisted:

Latest posts

Back