Hot stone massage - extra bits!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy-chick

Reaction score
I had 2 hot stone massages in today, one for 1 hour back and one for 1.5 hours back with decolletage, face and scalp.

So was doing the treatments (on autopilot I admit as still in Xmas holls mode) and was thinking, as it is a 'luxury' treatment, what extra bits do geeks add to make it feel that extra bit special.

Today one of my client's commented that she was really chilled through and couldn't 'switch off' as her feet were so cold, so I popped 2 large stones into hand mitts and placed one on each foot and then after I did the initial stones, placed them in her hands. She soon drifted off, and said it was the best massage she has ever had off me (and she's seen me for 15 months on a regular basis).

Now thinking of adding to this to every HSM.

I have lots of clients who suffer from cold feet when they are having a couch treatment and find popping a large hot stone in a 'stone sock' which keeps it in place a most welcome indulgence. I also have my heated underblanket and I give a comfort stone to each hand which I change during the massage so that the stone doesnt get too cold and start to feel uncomfortable. I also 'tuck' warm stones under and around the body as they have lost the heat for massage but are still quite warm. This is a lovely feeling for the client.

I am loving giving Hot Stone Therapy massages... and have had such positive feedback from my clients thus far :)

A heated under blanket is a good one and feels lovely.
I sometimes put heated booties on people for facials.

I also like cocooning people in blankets as this feels so much warmer (just make sure they dont have to turn over half way thru treatment tho!Good 1 for facials!).I just get them to lay on the blanket and then wrap each side over and around them, keeps the heat in lovely!

in my other room I have a heated blanket and that is a real touch of luxury.

yes I think the stones on feet are a must from now on. I don't do many full body massages in hot stones, aromatherapy or swedish, so it is easy to cocoon people when they don't have to turn over.

I will def. put stones on upturned feet again. I do give them used stones to hold, and I do nestle used stones around the body too.

It is a real luxurious treatment in itself, but as been doing it for a long time feel a bit jaded, so need a bit of inspiration to keep it fresh for me.

another thing I do, once I've finished the back massage, I cover the back up, place large chakra stones on the back, then sit at the head and do a little neck and shoulder massage with smaller stones.

The client thinks that they are getting a little bit extra, and also getting the benefit of the heated stones on their back.

Also............this is a real simple one but when I start a back massage I place a large towel over the radiator and when im finished i pop it over the whole back while the client is resting.
This helps soak off the excess oil so they dont get too much on clothes and feels nice and warm too!

its not fair

i want a hot stone massage now!

nice touch Ash.

another thing I do, once I've finished the back massage, I cover the back up, place large chakra stones on the back, then sit at the head and do a little neck and shoulder massage with smaller stones.

The client thinks that they are getting a little bit extra, and also getting the benefit of the heated stones on their back.

Sounds lush.. will try this too. :)

Also............this is a real simple one but when I start a back massage I place a large towel over the radiator and when im finished i pop it over the whole back while the client is resting.
This helps soak off the excess oil so they dont get too much on clothes and feels nice and warm too!

Sounds a good idea too... I often have the clients coat draped around the back of a chair which rests next to the hot radiator... they seem to like the warmth of the coat when they have got dressed. (I just make sure I don't actually touch the radiator with the coat ... I wouldn't want any damaged coats and being liable for paying for a new one lol!)

Latest posts

Back