Hot stone massage stones

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADiva1

Reaction score
Hi guys

I have just been qualified to do hot stone massage treatments.

I bought the Vulsini heated bag and also some stones.

The stones arrived and they are not the black basalt stones which I trained with. The stones are grey and oblong.

Is there a difference between the black and grey stones in terms of heat retention?

Would love your help.

Here are the stones I bought.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0096KHFLM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
I can't answer your question sorry but just wanted to ask how you found the training? I'm booked on a course next month and had also been looking to buy the Vulsini bag and stones x

The more common oblong stones tend to be picked then moulded to this shape whereas the basalt stones you trained with were probably harvested then picked for their suitability whilst still in a natural state. Personally I prefer the stones in the more natural state, but either are fine.
Stones are usually grey when purchased but after being used in water and with oils, become black.
I hope that helps.

I can't answer your question sorry but just wanted to ask how you found the training? I'm booked on a course next month and had also been looking to buy the Vulsini bag and stones x

No problem.

I bought the Vulsini bag yesterday directly from them and it arrived today!

I did my training with a local trainer who worked at the college I attended ages ago, so I knew the training would be good. It is a VTCT qualification.

With regard to the actual training and treatment, all was ok. I could see myself easily offering the treatment to clients. I think it feels nicer on the entire back of the body - legs, thighs, back.

It is a bit faffy, but I guess that would not be noticed when you get used to doing it. It would be great in the winter months.

Good luck! xx

The more common oblong stones tend to be picked then moulded to this shape whereas the basalt stones you trained with were probably harvested then picked for their suitability whilst still in a natural state. Personally I prefer the stones in the more natural state, but either are fine.
Stones are usually grey when purchased but after being used in water and with oils, become black.
I hope that helps.

All makes sense! Thank you.:)

........terminal embarrassment. The stones I bought from amazon ARE black.
Looks like someone in my household will be steamed with hot stones now!

No problem.

I bought the Vulsini bag yesterday directly from them and it arrived today!

I did my training with a local trainer who worked at the college I attended ages ago, so I knew the training would be good. It is a VTCT qualification.

With regard to the actual training and treatment, all was ok. I could see myself easily offering the treatment to clients. I think it feels nicer on the entire back of the body - legs, thighs, back.

It is a bit faffy, but I guess that would not be noticed when you get used to doing it. It would be great in the winter months.

Good luck! xx

So with the faffing presumably a treatment takes longer and you charge more than a normal massage? Have to say I'm really looking forward to doing the training, been saying I was going to do it for years lol

So with the faffing presumably a treatment takes longer and you charge more than a normal massage? Have to say I'm really looking forward to doing the training, been saying I was going to do it for years lol

I would definitely charge more. I also think that instead of a 60 minute treatment, it could be 65-70 minute treatment. It takes more time to set up, tidy, get client cosy, swap stones etc. just my opinion.

Well worth doing. You will enjoy the course.xx

I have the oblong ones and they are just fine the natural ones probably are nicer as I do like natural things better, but the oblong are good and you will have no problems with them . Xxxx

Latest posts

Back