Hot stone massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulips

Reaction score
Does anyone offer combined hot stone massage with aromatherapy oils. Either pre blended or oils you mix together? Any ones advice would be appreciated as a client was asking for hot stone massage to be combined with aromatherapy oils. Also pricing wise too. Thankyou

Yes, it’s amazing - but be careful to stay within your training.

Aromatherapy and heat are usually contraindicated. If you haven’t paid for training and haven’t invested in building your skills it’s hard to justify charging extra for something. I charge extra for hot stones but not to use a pre blended oil with hot stones.

I have trained separately in both courses. Yes i guess you right about pricing. Thank you for your reply

Hot stones dilate the blood vessels, increase blood flow, increase lymph. All of that increases the effects from the essential oils.
For a new client, I usually do hot stones alone, to see how they respond to the heat, then the next visit maybe add essential oils. If I really wanted to include essential oils with hot stones, I'd only use a half strength blend the first time (pregnancy/child strength 1.25%) Stones intensify everything, so less is more - less strokes required, less essential oils required, less effort required (though more clean up required).

I wouldn't bother charging extra for a half strength blend, definitely charge extra for stones. If you're using more than a couple of stones, it's so much extra work heating up the stones then cleaning them after, I'd say charge at least for an extra 20min, I charge an extra 30min. Eg if you charge 60 for a 1hr massage, charge 80 or 90 for a 1hr stone massage.

Hot stones dilate the blood vessels, increase blood flow, increase lymph. All of that increases the effects from the essential oils.
For a new client, I usually do hot stones alone, to see how they respond to the heat, then the next visit maybe add essential oils. If I really wanted to include essential oils with hot stones, I'd only use a half strength blend the first time (pregnancy/child strength 1.25%) Stones intensify everything, so less is more - less strokes required, less essential oils required, less effort required (though more clean up required).

I wouldn't bother charging extra for a half strength blend, definitely charge extra for stones. If you're using more than a couple of stones, it's so much extra work heating up the stones then cleaning them after, I'd say charge at least for an extra 20min, I charge an extra 30min. Eg if you charge 60 for a 1hr massage, charge 80 or 90 for a 1hr stone massage.

Thankyou that was useful information.

Thankyou was useful information. Pricing yes I guess better to charge extra if taking longer duration. Thankyou

Latest posts

Back