Hot stone therapy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choc choc

Reaction score
I am starting my hot stone therapy course next year , and have been looking at the heaters i think their just look like slow cookers could you use a slow cooker, any help would be great.

Technically Yes, And I have also seen salons use rice heaters. Its one thing to do this during training but dosnt look too professional.

I use a slow cooker for heating towels during mobile treatments as its easier to carry than an entire heater. However clients always bloomin comment on it. Oh wow you can make your tea while you do my face! lol!

I always reply back by saying its this or ice cold sponges you choose. They soon shut up and lie back and enjoy there facial lol! I won't use it in the salon though as the heaters are not that expensive any more and are a lot more pro looking than a stew pot lol!

Kate x

I agree with Kate - it really doesnt look great to use a slow cooker.

I know they are expensive but if you look around (I got mine directly from the manufacturer and stone quarry owner in Italy) you can get them for a reasonable price.

Karaxxx

Might be worth considering also where you'd stand insurance-wise too if used a slow cooker rather than pro model. x

I use my slow cooker to heat up damp mini towels for mani, pedi and facials. I got my from Asda for about £10!

It's plain white so doesn't look unprofessional. How about getting your salon logo/name put on it.

Oooh, why didn't I think of that before! will try that out tomorrow:hug:

Latest posts

Back