Hot stones mobile therapy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobileharmonyxx

Reaction score
I am wondering if there is such a thing as a mobile tank to carry out hot stone therapy.

I have been asked by numerous clients if I do this, but not sure if there is a such a thing??​

not that I am aware of, sorry.

What I would say, if you are going to do mobile hot stone, then charge a lot more as it is a hell of a hassle.

Time 1: The stones and heater are heavy, so 1 extra trip to and from the car.
Time 2: You need heating time, 20 minutes, which will be longer than your set up and consultation time.
Space! Where are you going to put them? Where is the nearest plug? Does your client mind you placing a heavy waterfilled container on her furniture or floor.
Space 2! Where will you put the spent stones?
Time 3: to clean the stones, will you do that at your clients home or have to clean them at home? what if you have a few to do in one day.
Time 4: don't forget that extra journey to and from the car again!

what works out as an hour's treatment, really equates to 45 minutes extra set-up time, hence why I charge £7 more for hot stone.

I have done HSM as mobile, but its usually at a pamper party where a few people have booked it.

I have found out it can be possible from another therapy site. There is hassle, but what isnt when you are doing mobile therapy.

I am now going to put what I have been told into action.

Thanks anyway for your comments.:)

I take a large food/drinks flask and place a load of my stones in it full of boiling water to travel in. I then ask the client if i can have boiled kettle water to fill my tank up so its quicker to heat them up whilst there. For transportating i use a large flask so i have some hot stones to use immediately. Obviously depends on how long your journey is but the boiling water in the flasks keeps my stones piping hot so by the time they cool enough to use, you have done a little massage in prep for them and then the stones in your tank are viritually warm enough to use too:)

Latest posts

Back