Hot stones - mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bella1234

Reaction score
Hi just wondering if you therapists carry out hot stone massage while mobile????
There’s a lot I have to carry however someone has mention about a portable heater for the stones.... anyone used these before??? Also where did you buy these from?
melt me no your thoughts.

I have never done hot stone mobile and not sure I ever would -it's a real faff with waiting for the stones to heat up and then you'd need to empty the heater - it's much easier in a salon environment.

I don’t work mobile but the vulsini bags are very popular. You plug them into your cigarette lighter, or you can get power packs.

Lots of therapists like wet heat for their stones. There’s no reason why you couldn’t bring a cooler box filled with pre-heated water and stones and then transfer them when you arrive. a bag is lighter than a proper heater. You can also keep stones on an open heated tray (which is what we did in Urban Retreat), the sort of thing that’s used by restaurants for keeping foot hot. You have to manage them though, otherwise you have uneven heat.

I’d say the most practical option for mobile work would be lava shells. It does add to your costs, I think it’s about £3.50 a charge and you’re trained to use 3 charges. I used to heat up a few stones as back up and just use 2 charges.

Thank you for the replies x

Hi I use the vuilsini bag its good and practical but feel depending which side of bag they on they warm at different temperatures. It takes about 20 mins to warm up which you could do in your car or plug in soon as you get to clients house before setting up

Latest posts

Back