Hot stones vs rose quartz

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Im trained in how to use hot stones im looking in to doing a rose quarts facial. It looks like the same facial massage as the stones so would i need to do this course or would insurance cover me as all its doing is massage with diffrent stones?

Following. I'd love to know more about this, especially cause different stones are so trendy right now. I think it would really bring in younger customers

When I did hot stones in my NVQ, they also covered cold stones (marble) which is on my certificate and also covered on my insurance. So maybe a good idea to do a short course?

My friend is trained in Gua Sha Facials. She uses stones a lot, rose quartz and jade. People love it.

Hi Jemma could your friend recommend a Facial Gua Sha course please

I haven't formerly trained/qualified in hot stones or cold stone massage. However, I do have a license in Esthetics (600 hours) and adjoining level 4 qualifications for advanced facials here in the UK.
I don't follow the holistic/alternative medicine side of using this crystal for facials. I've used rose quartz rollers and sweepers/gua shua tools in facials while working in spas here in the UK. I imagine you wouldn't need training/certificates to offer this,certainly if you have credentials to offer facial massage.

I love this as a tool for the fact that it's cooling. This is great for stimulated/sensitive skin types that are easily reddened especially after facial manipulations/massage/peels or enzyme treatments. I find this to be such a lovely add on to gently cool the surface of the skin while also using it to perform some lymph drainage techniques. Very popular and certainly adds to the overall sensorial experience of a facial, warm, cool, relaxing aromaras, touch.
As far as material is concerned, I prefer stainless steel facial tools as they are non porous making them more hygienic which is crucial to me.

Lastly, just ask your insurer, I always do this before considering a course. I almost took courses adding to over £1,800 until I found out I met the prerequisites to be insured (ABT)!

Latest posts

Back