Hot Stones - where to buy kit

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zo Zo

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am about to buy a hot stone kit - I would normally do my research properly but I only decided today that I was going to enrol, for a course that started today... so I need a kit sharpish!

If anyone can give me any advice about where to buy... I want cheap but not nasty lol... any VAT free offers out there? I need to buy it and have received it by next Tues :)

Thanks geeks

I've got some spare stones you can have, Zoe - I bought a whole load from RubRocks when I signed up for my Jing course, but don't use all of them. I'd rather they were put to good use than sat at home looking pretty!

Andy x

Desert Stone People are also excellent and highly recommended - even with the shipping from USA, their sets work out cheaper than a lot of UK suppliers and the sizes are good for massage work (they are the stones used by Jing). Nice smooth stones that retain the heat very well.

In the UK, I know Ellisons, Hive and Thermal Stones UK sell sets, and they will be faster than shipping from the US if you need them for Tuesday, lol, but I have no idea what the quality is like.

A lot also depends on how big you need the stones to be, whether they are for placement or actual massage work, and whether you intend to place them back in the heater after use or only use them once during each treatment... in which case you'd need a shed load, lol.

I replace my stones in the heater after using, so as a guide for a general full body treatment I usually cook up 1 large placement stone, 4 large stones for massage, 8 medium stones for more focused massage work and for tucking, 2 pointy trigger point stones, and a bag of toe-stones. I also have smaller stones for facial work if requested, and 4-6 medium cold stones for remedial work, but I don't use these in every treatment. I don't do any energy line/chakra placement, so I use less stones than some. Also worth noting that I like working with BIG stones! :D

HTH's x :)

got mine from Ellisons and trained with them too.

I use a lot of stones and think I would like to buy some more.

Thank you Andy that's extremely kind and generous xxx

I will pm you!

HI, would anyone mind explaining more about the hot stone massage treatment.

Thanks v.much

Log onto beautyexpress.co.uk, they sell hot stone kits (thats where I got mine) at very reasonable prices and excellent quality. I order a lot off their site for my salon & always receive orders very promptly :)

Thanks v.much

I will hun, after I've done the course :lol:

Thanks v.much

Hot Stone Massage involves the use of heated, smooth stones, either placing them at certain key points on the body, or the gentle massage of the body by one or two stones held in the hands of the therapist. The application of heat not only increases the feeling of well-being but also enables the therapist to work more deeply and more effectively with chronic pain conditions. The smooth basalt stones have a high iron content, enabling them to retain heat. Cold stones can also be utilized in some techniques.

Latest posts

Back