Hot towel steamer/cabinet/slow cooker? For mani/pedi

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boop

Reaction score
Morning,

I might be risking making myself sound silly here, BUT I am slightly confused as to what would work best while doing manicures & pediures.

I am thinking a steamer would be best for removing scrub/masks as the flannels/towels would be slightly damp?

But which would be best for heating warm towels to wrap the clients hand it while the mask is on? Would one do both?

Any advice would be great

Personally I like damp towels for removing scrubs & masks. At the start of the treatment I ask the client for some boiling water in my crome bowl. I put it on the floor, on a towel and by the time I need the water for removal its the right temperature. Works a treat especially as I'm mobile and cant really carry that much extra stuff around with me.

Karaxxx

Personally I like damp towels for removing scrubs & masks. At the start of the treatment I ask the client for some boiling water in my crome bowl. I put it on the floor, on a towel and by the time I need the water for removal its the right temperature. Works a treat especially as I'm mobile and cant really carry that much extra stuff around with me.

Karaxxx

That's a good idea! I never thought to put it in, and leave it while you are doing the treatment. I'm mobile and bought a small slow cooker to use once, but it took far too long to warm the towels up xxx

That's a good idea! I never thought to put it in, and leave it while you are doing the treatment. I'm mobile and bought a small slow cooker to use once, but it took far too long to warm the towels up xxx

Sometimes the simplest things work best!

I use flannels instead of towels, I had loads of them left over from towel bundles and we, as a family, dont use them but I didnt want to throw them out. I find they're easier to use than towels too as towels are too big and I get in a mess LOL

Karaxxx

Karaxxx

I like this idea too, never thought of doing that!

I've used a slow cooker for years until one day when I was cleaning behind it pushed it back too far and snapped the cord. Now, I'm using a little microwave and I just love it. Now I can do last minute pedis. I wet my towels and put them in a little shower caddy thingy that I have, mic them for a min and thirty seconds, just perfect.

I use a little rice cooker and just keep it on 'warm'. If it's really cold and I've been in a hurry, I'll put it on Cook for a minute then back to warm and those little towels are so hot soooooo fast! Slow cooker would be far too slow for me : )

I've used a slow cooker for years until one day when I was cleaning behind it pushed it back too far and snapped the cord. Now, I'm using a little microwave and I just love it. Now I can do last minute pedis. I wet my towels and put them in a little shower caddy thingy that I have, mic them for a min and thirty seconds, just perfect.

Did you use slow cooker just for warm towels or for steamed damp towels (to remove product) too? xx

Latest posts

Back