Hot/warm wax and pricing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ludatess

Reaction score
Hello all!

I am currently creating a price list for my beauty business. I am in two minds as to whether to offer both hot and warm waxing, and for which areas to use them on. I'm assuming more intimate area (ie underarm, bikini - possibly eyebrow will be hot wax)? and warm wax for everything else. Should I keep the pricing the same for both hot and warm wax, or should there be a difference.

I hope you are all well,

:) xxx

Ps. I meant warm wax...oooops spelling error!

I would definitely differentiate where you use which wax ie

*hard (non strip wax)
for all sensitive areas - face, underarm and intimate
* soft (cream / strip wax)
for all larger areas - arms, legs, back and chest

I would not differentiate on your pricelist by which wax you use but which area you are waxing ie upper lip/ chin, eyebrows, underarms etc and set prices for those areas :O)

it depends on your product too, if you use wax from sally's that would be cheaper for you to purchase than a good quality wax like perron rigot. if you use a more expensive wax i would reflect that in your prices.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I agree with what Beautytrix has said and its always great for clients to be clear which type of wax that you use as some clients have a preference and seek a therapist that offers what they are looking for.

I also find that some of my clients prefer non strio wax for their back wax and chest wax etc so on my new website I will offer these as an option but they will be much more expensive as you use much more product and its more expensive and it takes longer to carry out the treatment.

This is really great advice beautytrix, I think you're right in that it is good for clients to be aware of the type of wax being used. Thank you :) I hope you are having a great day :) xxx

I have bought some warm wax, which was fairly cheap, but the hot wax I have purchsed was Cirépil Euroblonde 800 Gr. Beads which were more expensive. This is definitely worth thinking about deebaneenee. Hope you are well :) xxx

Thank you malewaxer. Yes, I can imagine that takes some time to do! Do you have to trip the hairs down on male's back etc? Do you apply the hot wax in small sections or do you do larger sections. I can imagine that's really satifying to remove so much hair lol! xxx

Thank you malewaxer. Yes, I can imagine that takes some time to do! Do you have to trip the hairs down on male's back etc? Do you apply the hot wax in small sections or do you do larger sections. I can imagine that's really satifying to remove so much hair lol! xxx
You will love Euroblonde its a really good quality wax.

I only ever trim hair if its really long. For non strip waxing I apply the same way that I do with the strip waxes; I do long strips to clear the middle of the back first and then I work up from the sides.

If you are new to PR waxes try and get to one of their discovery days as you can try out the whole range and see which you prefer and how they work best , there are dates and venues on their FB page for the forthcoming days, I run the ones from their head office in London but they are being rolled out across the country with dates and details to follow.

HTH Jack

Oh that's graet thank you so much! I've made the slight error of purchasing a more expensive hot wax and a cheaper warm wax. I'm currently in the process of setting up my own beauty business (only very small atm) and went on a mad frenzy to purchase things. Not quite sure what to do with regards to pricing if one is more expensive. If I like the Euroblonde though, it may be worth buying more products from this company rather that cheaper warm waxes. Any advice?

Having tried out most waxes I would always prefer to work with a good quality wax as it works better on the skin for client comfort and you can speed wax with the good quality waxes and often the cheaper waxes set up too quickly..

But you should get some waxes and try them for yourself.

Im assuming you will be using your Euroblonde for intimate waxing, its a premium wax and a treatment that clients are happy to pay a bit more for a more comfortable waxing experience so I would charge more for this.
HTH Jack

That's great to know. Yes I'd heard that cheaper waxes can set a bit too early. My tutor when I was learning said you can brand hot waxing on your price list as "European waxing" not sure if this is the case but though I would run it by you.
Yes, it would be for more intimate waxing - i've read you can use it on stubborn hair on legs too - although i've never used hot wax for legs previously so not sure how that would go down.
When you say speed waxing, what is meant by this term? I'm really enjoying learning from you. Thank you so much for taking the trouble to reply, I really am extremely grateful :) xxx

Speed waxing means you can apply wax to a whole area and then remove with your strips, as opposed to doing it strip by strip.. Good quality waxes tend to retain their stickiness without setting up and allow you to speed wax..

Jack

Oh wow, it just goes to show you learn something everyday! My partner often asks for his chest / back to be waxed, and I've often used warm wax (much to his dismay!), but hot wax sounds like a great idea, and with speed waxing, I guess that reduces the amount of 'smaller area' strips needed.
From a business mentality, the hot and warm waxing seems like the best option (rather than either or), and to maybe factor into my costing the products I use.

Thank you :) xxx

Latest posts

Back