Hot wax help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChloeRuth

Reaction score
hello!
I have recently started a new job absolutely love it but I am just not that confident when it comes to intimate waxing (Hollywood’s, Brazilian etc).
I’m after having a few clients who have quite coarse hair which is tough to wax (especially around the labia area) and I can find the odd time the wax breaks and I apply more on top and it could end up breaking again. I’m just wondering if there are any tips out there that you gals might know to help!
Also is there any advice on doing a Hollywood/Brazilian on a first timer? Someone who has been shaving and the hair is extremely strong.

I use Lycon Vanilla hot wax if that helps.

Thank you so much :)

There are lots of way to do it, I'm sure many of us will have different tips. Hopefully you find what works for you quickly. Have you been trained specifically in intimate waxing? If you're using Lycon, are you using the pre-wax oil? Ask the other therapists you work with too, they would be really familiar with the wax you're using and might be able to give tips. Sometimes it just takes practice to learn how quickly the wax sets, so you are removing it at the correct time.
If needed, you could get your client help you stretch the skin (she shouldn't be in the way, she can have her hand at the top, below her tummy and just pull up - then you'll be stretching the other way with one hand, removing wax with the other?)
Find what works for you in terms of wax patch sizes, maybe start small - then as you become more confident and familiar with the wax, you can do bigger and/or longer patches.
If it snaps and you put a patch over the top - sometimes just removing it in the opposite direction will get it off. Then you can try again with a new patch.
Again, this is just what worked for me when I was new to it. I was thrown in the deep end and had to learn myself before I could be trained properly.
All the best.

hello!
I have recently started a new job absolutely love it but I am just not that confident when it comes to intimate waxing (Hollywood’s, Brazilian etc).
I’m after having a few clients who have quite coarse hair which is tough to wax (especially around the labia area) and I can find the odd time the wax breaks and I apply more on top and it could end up breaking again. I’m just wondering if there are any tips out there that you gals might know to help!
Also is there any advice on doing a Hollywood/Brazilian on a first timer? Someone who has been shaving and the hair is extremely strong.

I use Lycon Vanilla hot wax if that helps.

Thank you so much :)
I find it really helps to make sure you are only taking away a small amount of hair - but creating quite a large patch (into a hair free area) to hold. That way you get really good grip on the patch itself so you can remove the small amount of hair quickly without the patch cracking/breaking x

Intimate waxing on a shaver can be tough alright :)

The secret is loads of oil and small manageable patches, split the labia into 3 to 5 sections depending on how course the hair is.

If the patches are snapping even though you've gone over them twice you patch may not be thick enough, a good rule of thumb is the "the thicker the hair, the thicker the patch" , shaved hair can be very strong and have a lot of resistance to it so smaller thicker patches should help you, and as has been said above make sure you are leaving a nice lip of wax in a hair free area so you've got a good grip of the patch

Latest posts

Back