hot wax question ??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dee

supernatural geek
Reaction score
cambridge,ON canada .. but originally from uk , lo
ok i had a new client who has a really bad facial hair problem, and she made the mistake of shaving it :irked:so when she came the hairs were really coarse and very stubbly , tried warm wax and it just didnt work well enough so used hot wax which was fab and worked really well ...
now my question is ?
i am totally fine using my hot wax but would quite like to try the new type which is creamier than the stuff i use which is traditional hot (hard ) wax , but just want to know do you apply it the same way as you do normal hot wax ( building up a thickish layer ) do you apply in a different way ??? (ie like warm wax )
any help from anyone who uses the new stuff would be fab thanks xx

i am totally fine using my hot wax but would quite like to try the new type which is creamier than the stuff i use which is traditional hot (hard ) wax , but just want to know do you apply it the same way as you do normal hot wax ( building up a thickish layer ) do you apply in a different way ??? (ie like warm wax )
any help from anyone who uses the new stuff would be fab thanks xx

The newer hot/hard waxes are applied slightly differently Dee. You only need to apply one layer, usually in the direction of hair growth, and it goes on much thinner than the traditional hot waxes - this applies to all of the new waxes from people like Perron Rigot (non-strip waxes), Hive (hot film waxes), Lycon (Lycojet waxes), Depileve (film waxes), Reference (peelable waxes), etc. Some manufacturers recommend you apply against the direction of growth instead of with it, but either way is much simpler than the old figure-of-8-layering! :D

The older waxes relied on thick layers and multi-directional application to get a good coating on the hairs as the wax dried, whereas the newer waxes literally 'shrink-wrap' the hair as they set. You can still 'swirl' the newer waxes to get those particularly stubborn or short little blighters, but it usually isn't necessary.

One tip: make sure your spatula pressure is firm enough when applying the wax - you need to make sure the wax gets right down to the skin, or it won't be as effective. The fine, downy hairs are actually harder to get out than the coarser hairs, but because the newer waxes are lower in temperature you can usually apply a second coat straight back over the recently waxed skin to get out the last few remaining hairs if neccessary :)

Hope that helps :)

Andy x

Andy you are so going to HAVE to come to Spain for a demo out here!!! This sounds like just what I need to use at times out here!

Andy you are so going to HAVE to come to Spain for a demo out here!!! This sounds like just what I need to use at times out here!

You know what Sass, that would be such fun! I'll have to tie it in with a holiday, I've never been to Spain before - but Scotland is my first port of call, lol, otherwise I'll have some very cross Scottish Geeks on my hands!! :D

You know what Sass, that would be such fun! I'll have to tie it in with a holiday, I've never been to Spain before - but Scotland is my first port of call, lol, otherwise I'll have some very cross Scottish Geeks on my hands!! :D

Thats the best news I have heard all YEAR:)

I have Trudy from Thalgo coming to see me this Tuesday:)

thanks andy :hug: was hoping you would reply , lol , will have to get some new wax !!

and what about all us upset northern geeks !! dont you think about us :cry: get ure bum up here :hug:

Thats the best news I have heard all YEAR:)

I have Trudy from Thalgo coming to see me this Tuesday:)

Persuade her you lot want a Perron Rigot workshop at their Scottish HQ and I'll be there like a shot! :D

thanks andy :hug: was hoping you would reply , lol , will have to get some new wax !!

and what about all us upset northern geeks !! dont you think about us :cry: get ure bum up here :hug:

Lol, I certainly haven't forgotten you lovely Northern Geeks, if you lot can find me a venue and bring your waxpots I'll put a date in the diary for you. I think Loubylou offered her salon as a possibility... :)

Andy x

Persuade her you lot want a Perron Rigot workshop at their Scottish HQ and I'll be there like a shot! :D

Lol, I certainly haven't forgotten you lovely Northern Geeks, if you lot can find me a venue and bring your waxpots I'll put a date in the diary for you. I think Loubylou offered her salon as a possibility... :)

Andy x

Andy I already raved about you on the phone to her so beleive me your ears will be burning on Tuesday:hug:

Latest posts

Back