Hot wax questions.. Please help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen-Nail Tech

Reaction score
So I've done searches both on SG and on google but still feel I need some answers so was hoping I could get some help.

Im doing Beauty Level 2 and we're coming up to the end of our waxing section of the course and have just been shown hot wax (I LOVE it!) and here's the questions that I haven't had a chance to ask the tutor but to be honest I'd prefer to hear them from the geeks anyway :)

Ok...

1) how many times times can you go over the one area with the wax? Say you miss a few areas for whatever reason (if that even happens with hot wax?!) since it doesn't cling to the skin, does it even matter if you go over it again?

2) what's the brand that you can pull the hot wax off in any direction? (The tutor made a vague reference to this) and is it any good?

3) do you charge more, less or the same for hot wax as opposed to warm wax on your pricelist?

If anyone could help me with these questions I really would appreciate it

Karen x

All hot wax can be waxed in different directions still best results when against hair growth. You can wax over the same area unlike strip wax but it's best not to do same area straight away as wax will feel hotter. I only use hot wax unless doing legs. It's less painful and will grip shorter hair. Although if client has lots of fine light hair strip is better. We don't charge more for either. I can wax faster with hot than the girls in salon that use strip.

Karen,

If I have a client who requests hot wax for an area that I normally apply strip wax ( like the back) then I charge 50% extra, to cover product and time.

Jack

Jack that's a great idea - I might cheekily steal that :)

I haven't had anyone ask for it yet but as you say - it does cost more and takes more of my time... :) xxx

All hot wax can be waxed in different directions still best results when against hair growth. You can wax over the same area unlike strip wax but it's best not to do same area straight away as wax will feel hotter. I only use hot wax unless doing legs. It's less painful and will grip shorter hair. Although if client has lots of fine light hair strip is better. We don't charge more for either. I can wax faster with hot than the girls in salon that use strip.

Thanks for that! Granted I'm new to waxing so I do take longer with warm wax but I did actually think that for me hot wax seems to be a similar sort of time.

Having had my underarms waxed a few times now with warm wax and ten last night with hot wax I'm totally sold on the the fact I had no sticky residue at the end, it seemed to get rid of every last hair and was definitely less painful.

Thanks again for replying x

Karen,

If I have a client who requests hot wax for an area that I normally apply strip wax ( like the back) then I charge 50% extra, to cover product and time.

Jack

Jack! Thanks for replying - I value your expertise!

I did wonder if there would be an extra charge for time and cost of the product so this is a perfect idea although I think locally people would just go for the cheaper option here

Thanks again x

Latest posts

Back