Hot wax/warm wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissJulesBeauty

Reaction score
Just wanting some clarification. I know that we are all taught differently, there are so many variations in teaching when it comes to waxing. I was taught old school and I appreciate that things change. I am going to look into doing a refresher course in waxing if such a thing exists but I have a few questions for now. Firstly I was trained that warm wax was for eyebrows, legs and soft hair and Hot wax is for chin, upper lip and hard hair. Is this still the case or has warm waxed progressed so that it can be used anywhere? Moving onto brows I was always taught you never remove hair from the top of the brows but that doesn't seem to be the way these days either. So I would be interested in more experienced therapists views on this? x

You should stick to what you have been trained in. Removing hair from above the brow is an advanced brow shaping technique which is often covered even at level 2 nowadays, but as an additional module.

I would thoroughly recommend a refresher course in waxing. These are usually run by waxing brands offering familiarisation with their next generation waxes. The tips and tricks help you get best results. Practise, practise, practise gets you a long way, but there are some techniques you need to be shown -because it wouldn’t occur to you to go against your training. For example I use hot wax and I now apply in the direction of growth whereas I was trained originally to apply against the direction of growth. I also remove hot wax when it is still flexible, rather than waiting for it to set hard.

It’s always been possible to use warm wax anywhere you can apply a strip - now hot wax is used in areas that used to be the preserve of warm wax. The main advantages of the latest hot waxes is that you can go over an area of skin multiple times. You still can’t do that with warm wax.

Thanks honey. I am waiting for Sweet Squared to get some dates together and I will be doing a course with them. It is a conversion course but offers some one to one afterwards for a little extra. I appreciate the advise x

Latest posts

Back