hot wax??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gembob90

Reaction score
Hiya, :D

I'm just wanting to know different makes of Hot Wax,

My boss is thinking of using it in the salon and I'm having to do some research to find the best one!!!!

If anyone knows any good hot waxes please let me know

THANKS xxxx

I love Lycon. Phone to get a few samples from places.x

Perron Rigot all the way. Euroblonde changed my life and that's no exaggeration.

Im also a Perron Rigot user.

They have a range of hot waxes so there is generally a wax that suits the needs of most therapists or salons.

I use euroblonde and their hypoallergenic wax - Pure , for my hot waxing and they are both great waxes.

There are about seven different types of hot wax ( non strip waxes) in their range.
They sell small sample bags which are a great way to try out a few different waxes to see what might suit you best and they also run a free discovery days in London ( may be worth the trip down to london) and at these days you can try out all the waxes for yourself .
HTH Jack

Lycon wax!
Would be lost without it.....:Love:
x

Lycon wax, Its so good - it shrink wraps around the hairs and doesnt even stick to the skin. Just grips this hair thus making more flexible and less painful and more effective for hair removal

Perron Rigot Euroblonde is a great wax and clients tell me it really makes waxing less painful !:biggrin:

yes perron for sure - my personal fave is crystalline - sets quickly and has a vice like grip - not too keen on berins as it's like toothpaste IMHO (my friend sal will slap me for that!)

yes perron for sure - my personal fave is crystalline - sets quickly and has a vice like grip - not too keen on berins as it's like toothpaste IMHO (my friend sal will slap me for that!)

Toothpaste?? Lol
I have tried Euroblonde, Harley wax, Lycon and Berins and Berins is definitely my favourite :biggrin:

That is one of my least favourite PR waxes! Have you tried the new Pure wax? Hypoallergenic, sets quickly too.

Mat

Love Perron Rigot!! My current salon uses Lycon which is good but can't beat Perron!

I love Lycon! I think waxing with PR is easy to do BUT hurts a lot more being on the recieving end :( I find Lycon the most comfortable getting waxed!

Lycon too brittle, PR a good wax but I am with Angelina on this one and it has to be Berins (now called Berodin) all the way for me.

Last edited:
I have used them all and althogh i like peron rigot (have used this for a few years) and berins - not so keen on lycon and harley. I have recently tried the new wax from salon serve, and its perfect and a great price. It goes on thin and is very pliable.

Just did my first eyebrow wax and used PR.. love it! I think it may take a while to get used to the stringey bits though.

If you get the little strings the best way of dealing with them is to wave your spatula left and right until it breaks close to the wax - just a centimeter or so away. That way the stringy bits stick to each other and wax and you don't get them across your client, on the towel or on the floor!

Mat

Slap you? ...no CV but I do recommend you change your brand of toothpaste!!!
Berins is indeed my hard wax of choice....flexible, great with stubborn hair, & sets quickly with pliability - I do mix the blue with jet set in the summer months for speed set...(which does go a lovely minty blue colour but hereth end any comparison to anything dental!!!).
As suggested get samples (and get training in it if needed). It's your choice of product that will make your job easier, give you confidence to perform & make you stand out from the competition.

Latest posts

Back