Hot wax...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessicacharlott

Reaction score
I must do some form of wax every day at work it is definitely one of the most popular treatments, we use a clean and easy roll on system which I love! I've been reading more into hot wax and want to try and get back into using it, especially for bikini waxes and underarms. I have been shown briefly at college how to use it but I would appreciate some helpful tips :) do you apply it in this figure of eight or can you just apply it thickly in the direction of hair growth... Or is it against the hair growth with hot wax? I know it might be a stupid question but I just want some helpful hints to make me more confident in using it! I am fairly new to salon geek but have found it amazingly helpful thank you everyone xxxx

I must do some form of wax every day at work it is definitely one of the most popular treatments, we use a clean and easy roll on system which I love! I've been reading more into hot wax and want to try and get back into using it, especially for bikini waxes and underarms. I have been shown briefly at college how to use it but I would appreciate some helpful tips :) do you apply it in this figure of eight or can you just apply it thickly in the direction of hair growth... Or is it against the hair growth with hot wax? I know it might be a stupid question but I just want some helpful hints to make me more confident in using it! I am fairly new to salon geek but have found it amazingly helpful thank you everyone xxxx

College hot waxes are not desireable for professional use - in my opinion.

They are just not good enough.

I use Perron Rigot Eurose hot wax but there are a couple of other equally good brands you may wish to research.

Edit: Perron Rigot Hot waxes are applied in the direction of growth and removed against.

Jacqui xx

Last edited:
Thankyou hun, it was such a long time ago and so brief I couldn't really remember how to do it! I just remembered someone telling me to do it in the figure of eight and thats where i find it confusing! Will give it a go on myself or colleagues :) xxx

I'd really recommend going and doing a hotwaxing course of some kind if you can't remember how to use it - it's such a different kettle of fish that I think you would get FAR more from it if you did :) Or buy The Whole Ball of Wax with Lori Nestore :) T

Brands vary so some are put on in a figure of 8 and some with the hair growth.
The new generation waxes are usually applied in the direction of the hair growth. I'd do a course to get the most out of your waxing and then follow the manufacturers instructions for whichever wax you decide to use.

As said above, a course is the best thing to do.

I use Lycon, which is applied in the opposite direction of hair growth and removed the same way.

Reading this forum just goes to show how important brand/product training can be.

HTH

Hi I use the coconut and arnica from salon services, with a prep oil. Applied in direction of and removed against as the guidelines suggest. I've been using it years. Smells Gorgeous and is thinner than others I've tried so goes further. My bulk of business is advanced hot wax.

However my training was very poor

I used a company who I won't mention now but I found it quiet poor. So look for recommended courses. Like I said wax is cheaper but I've never had a problem and my clients come back for hot wax and is bulk of my business. Xxx hope that helps

Wow yeah just shows how every wax can be different! There seems to be a lot of ways to apply it! I'm quite lucky tbf a few girls that I work with (who don't do beauty really just nails) are doing a wax course and she is bringing some Perron rigot hot wax with her... I've offered to be a model so I guess I can just watch and pick up some tips! Just wanted to start a thread to see if any of you geeks could help me too :) I can't wait to try out the hot wax again haha I'm hoping I start to love it! Xxxxx

Latest posts

Back