Hot wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlene71288

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a really good hot wax, and pre/post products? I'm doing training next month in intimate hot waxing I'm all new to the hot waxing world, I've heard lycon is good, but do you need to be trained with them specifically to use their products? any tips would also be appreciated :) x

There are many great waxes out there...
I use Perron Rigot and love the range if waxes that they do including their pre and post waxing products. They run Discovery Workshops which give you the chance to try out the range for yourself and see what suits. They will also send you out some samples if you call them.

If you can get some samples of waxes from various companies it's often the best way to see what suits best. Also when you do your intimate waxing training the trainer will also be able to give you some information on waxes.

Good luck

Jack

Jack is right, ask for some samples and try it yourself but remember that every wax is slightly different so you will need a bit of guidance to use it (ie don't dismiss it because it doesn't work first time around).
If you are being trained in intimate waxing you could wait and see what the trainer suggests?

Thank you both :) I'll ring around some companies but I'll wait to use them after my training of course x

I just saw a demo on the outback organics gold wax its like a hot wax but not quite as hot im thinking about getting it myself

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've just invested in Outback Organics and I love it x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm also using Outback Organics Gold. I love it. They offer a bit of a discount for 20 bags so I bit the bullet and got 20.

I've never heard of them. I'll do some research thanks :) x

And another for outback organics - fantastic customer service to x

Hot wax is so effective because it is just that - hot. The heat encourages your pores and hair follicules to open up making it easier to remove the hair.

Because the hot wax is able to cling to the hair as it dries on the skin it is super effective at stripping out that hair without irritating your skin.

Most so called hot waxes are no longer hot though. I always use the term 'non strip' as the term 'hot wax' is misleading. Sadly they still teach hot wax in college without touching on the latest non strips available that are used at lower temps and shrink round the hair leaving less trauma to the skin.

Vicki x

Vicki you do take the words out of my mouth! I don't like the term "hot wax" as its misleading for clients and they actually cringe at the memory they might have had with hot wax touching their skin. Nowadays the new generation polymer waxes (non strip/hard wax) only heat at about 5 degrees above body temperature so I don't think it warrants the term "hot wax" but people sadly still refer to it even though the formulations have come on so much and offer many other benefits along with just removing hair ie anti irritant ingredients, essential oils etc

Vicki you do take the words out of my mouth! I don't like the term "hot wax" as its misleading for clients and they actually cringe at the memory they might have had with hot wax touching their skin. Nowadays the new generation polymer waxes (non strip/hard wax) only heat at about 5 degrees above body temperature so I don't think it warrants the term "hot wax" but people sadly still refer to it even though the formulations have come on so much and offer many other benefits along with just removing hair ie anti irritant ingredients, essential oils etc
I agree and I say on my training that they should use the term 'hot wax' in their website as that's what the public Google; however, it's far more advanced than hot wax.

So I passed my hot/hard wax training, was a breeze!!!
My trainer used hive wax, which is a budget wax I suppose. She said to stay away from film wax, why would she say this? I thought it just means it's more flexible and not as brittle, isn't it easier to remove ? 😕 feeling slightly confused, she couldn't give me an answer when I asked, just that she preferred the non film kind lol
also she never taught us to use a pre wax oil, we were taught to use talc before and after to set the wax quicker. Made it very messy lol

(Sorry for the long post!)

I would recommend to go with a polymer wax if you want a wax that stays flexible and does not go brittle. If you go for one with a low temperature setting, you will only need to heat it to about 5 degrees above body temperature which makes it a lot more comfortable and avoids the risk of burning too.
Those waxes are generally used with a prewax oil and it aids the easy hair release but it also creates a barrier which means the wax will wrap around the hair and not stick to the skin and you will find a huge difference!
Try and ask for a few samples and see how you got on but you might have to test a bit as its more difficult if you are not being trained in the wax to find the right temperature and application method but you might find a wax that works better for you?

Latest posts

Back