Hot waxing legs?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clare_11

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Can anyone advise whether it's a good idea to use hot wax on legs? I don't offer the treatment to clients, was trained when I work at a salon so I like to do my own legs and under arms, however I find cream wax really messy and it hurts so much on my legs!! I also get dry skin on my legs so I'm always pulling skin off! I've been reading on here how hot wax just pulls the hair and not the skin so I'm thinking it might be better for me to wax my legs?

It would work out expensive using if on legs I think plus you would be there for ages doing little bits at a time x

what warm wax are you using? You may be better switching to one like PR and Berins - the ones you use an oil under the wax would suit your dry legs much better I think... :)

It is possible, but like others have said, it will cost more.

Lycon make a product called Lycojet, which is like hot wax, except it can be applied thinner, so you can actually apply it in strips from ankle to knee.

If dry skin is an issue and you still want to use strip wax, Lycon also make an olive oil strip wax which is really nourishing and kind of greasy looking (in a good way!!) so it is really good for drier skins.

HTH

what warm wax are you using? You may be better switching to one like PR and Berins - the ones you use an oil under the wax would suit your dry legs much better I think... :)

Last time I went the wholesales alls they had was hara so I bought that but it's crap so I haven't done them for a while, been shaving. Just been the wholesales again and bought babyliss pro satin smooth so will try this. Was just curious about the hot wax!

Unfortunately you get what you pay for when it comes to hot and warm wax :)

You can use oil under any wax.Cheap and expensive, strip or non strip.
If you do your own waxing that may well be why it hurts so much its difficult to pull it off quick enough and in the right directions. Also you know when you are going to pull it off.

Unfortunately you get what you pay for when it comes to hot and warm wax :)

I know this!! What brands would you recommend?

You can use oil under any wax.Cheap and expensive, strip or non strip.
If you do your own waxing that may well be why it hurts so much its difficult to pull it off quick enough and in the right directions. Also you know when you are going to pull it off.

Haha I know! It's nearer the ankles that hurts the most! Underarms, brows and bikini I don't flinch!

I use roll on wax. Its easy. And If Its hurts I put on some organic relaxing oil wipe It away and start waxing. Less pain. Had a klient some days ago and she dident feel any pain.

I use Perron Rigot Eurose hot wax.

I wax my own legs with this from ankle to knee three strips, remove and then do the remaining strips usually another 2 or three.

It makes a massive difference to how often I have to wax them!!

I don't offer this to clients though as it would indeed be pretty expensive.

Jacqui xx

I know this!! What brands would you recommend?

I use Berins Ease warm wax which you put oil under and Berins blue hot wax. Both fab products. X

Latest posts

Back