Hourly rate

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharon Green

Reaction score
Hi all,

Is anyone out there paid hourly, if so, what is the approx hourly rate for a Nail Tech? I do my FDFC in Feb and a local salon may be knocking through into another shop to create room for a Beautician & Nail Tech...the latter being me :shock: .

I need to know is so that I am not 'taken advantage of'.

All advice appreciated.

Not long till CHRISTMAS :D :D :D :D

Well love I am not sure about pay by the hour as most of us rent space and pay a% of our takings............

But if I was to employ someone as I have done in the past, I would look at their qualifications, the time spent as a Tech and their expertise..................

A bit similar to a junior Hairstylist and a senior Hairstylist...........
The pay depends on time served......knowledge gained and training courses undertaken..................

It also depends on where in the UK........The cost of living in the south of Engand is higher, so wages are higher................Ask around you area and see what the norm is....... Maybe your local employment office could give you an estimated wage bracket ?????

Hi Ruth,

I had a feeling that an hourly wage was 'unusual'. If I was to rent space could you give me a 'ball park' starting figure of how much I will be looking at per week? I am in the far West Midlands (Herefordshire) which is very rural and very close to the Welsh border if that helps :? .

Would I have to supply desk, products etc? Is it viable to suggest the salon pay to advertise me joining them?

Take into account that there NO NAIL TECHS :shock: in my area (I would be the first) only beauticians who also do nail extensions (nothing wrong in that).

Sharon

Well Faye and I pay 25% of our takings............. seems to be a fair deal all round ...............
We supply all our own stuff..............furniture and all....................
We also do our own main advertising, but both salons do promote us as well..........
Word of mouth is still the strongest form of advertising............The staff in both our locations do talk a lot about our nails............ bless em!!!!!
Yes it would be a nice gesture if the Salon would advertise this new venture..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back