House spiders

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairgeek112233

Reaction score
Okay so in the past week i have had 3 extremely bug spiders in my house which where the size of my palm. I am very scared of spiders and wonder how you guys repel them if you have any remedies to stop them coming in the house? I obv cant get concurs as its not the season. Brrrrr make me shiver! Xxx

Hi I've heard putting pine cones & confers around your home will repel them, put under beds etc x

Conkers not confers !

Okay so in the past week i have had 3 extremely bug spiders in my house which where the size of my palm. I am very scared of spiders and wonder how you guys repel them if you have any remedies to stop them coming in the house? I obv cant get concurs as its not the season. Brrrrr make me shiver! Xxx

Omg I thought it was just my house they were attacking lol. They are everywhere! !!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

The usually start coming in around September but as we had wet weather they're coming in earlier.

We had some success with the plug in bug/mice repellers.

Best to try and find where they are coming in from, ours used to be the cable TV box on the outside wall. Once we patched that up the bigger ones stopped, still get some but thats because my back door is open constantly for the dog.

Not fun, I don't like them at all, I'm better since marrying my Husband, he's not bothered so I'm less freaked out as he's calm

I will get hubby to help find cracks. I think they are coming from the down stairs toilet or porch area. They keep coming when hubby is at work the big buggers! Xx

I'm so scared of them and it's not helped by my fiancé who loves them (used to have a tarantula as a teen) so he refuses to kill them, so just places them neatly on our back step! Of course they come in again lol! My friend has conkers and she said it works, so I'll try that when there out. You can borrow my cat, she loves to eat them haha!

Conkers! My sister and grandma swear by them. Put them on windowsills and by doors. Something about the smell they give off they don't like. I get loads of big skinny ones in this new house. Hate them! Need it to be conker season!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Get an amazon and buy a tin of GENETRIX RIP FLEAS. It's household insecticide. I live surrounded by fields and have never had a spider indoors in five yrs of using this stuff.

Only have to spray all over floors etc once a year.

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was actually thinking im going to have to buy a cat at this rate haha. I will give the spray a go thank you. We live surrounded by fields (husband is in the RAF so we live on an airbase) so we get whoppers. The skinny ones don't bother me its these big fat ones! Xx

Cats are useless mine sees one and just stares at it. Lol x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was actually thinking im going to have to buy a cat at this rate haha. I will give the spray a go thank you. We live surrounded by fields (husband is in the RAF so we live on an airbase) so we get whoppers. The skinny ones don't bother me its these big fat ones! Xx

I swear by the stuff now, wouldn't be without it lol

Get an amazon and buy a tin of GENETRIX RIP FLEAS. It's household insecticide. I live surrounded by fields and have never had a spider indoors in five yrs of using this stuff.

Only have to spray all over floors etc once a year.

Do you know if this is harmful to any other pets (cats/dogs)?

Do you know if this is harmful to any other pets (cats/dogs)?

Absolutely fine, I have 3 cats and fish.

Just make sure all animals are outside, during spraying and for the first 2 hours after spraying, you have to open all windows after 2 hours. All furry critters can then come back indoors :)

Our cat is a great spider catcher when you're not looking lol! Find them in the mornings. But same, I'm sure if I was to place her in front of one she wouldn't do a thing x

I woke up to one crawling along my cheek last week...absolutely terrifying
I hate them! Can't wait for the conkers to be out!! Xxx

I woke up to one crawling along my cheek last week...absolutely terrifying
I hate them! Can't wait for the conkers to be out!! Xxx

Oh my actual god! I would have probably had a nervous breakdown! Xx

My hubby finds these guys in random places at work and he freaks lol
Spiders don't bother me a bit, I am about 3 million sizes bigger if I felt inclined to actually kill it.
I catch (let it come to my hand) and release outside.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1407971286913.jpg
    1407971286913.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 244
My hubby finds these guys in random places at work and he freaks lol
Spiders don't bother me a bit, I am about 3 million sizes bigger if I felt inclined to actually kill it.
I catch (let it come to my hand) and release outside.

Oh My God! I would just die if one of those came in the house!! Lol.

I have no solution for spiders other than to find out where they might be coming in from, and plugging it up. Otherwise, I'm just like...

2014%2B-%2B1

Latest posts

Back