How about a help the newbie competition?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Without going all boring on you, all competitions have to be run through the mods first. I can't remember the thread that was started about this, but it's just to ensure that it will all run smoothly. Sounds like a fab idea, so when you have gotten all the details together pm one of us and we'll just check it over. If it goes ahead then I expect it will have to be after the next comp which is being organised by 1999Judy for salon nails.

Heres the link x
http://www.salongeek.com/how-do-stuff-site/55513-competition-rules.html

Hmmm well depends what you mean by qualified, I would say 12 months from initial training, if they've entered another comp then I don't think that matters too much, maybe if they've been placed in top 3 of a comp?

Ok sounds good sas

Just need some newbies and mentors now!

Well I only qualified in May this year so I qualify as a newbie and I would love to have an expert mentor me so I'm definitely up for entering.

If I can help with any of this initial organising or anything let me know 'cos I think its a fab idea.:hug:

I'll help and be a mentor if anyone wants me !:eek:

hey jackie this is great !

i would have loved to have a go at the comp thats on at the moment....would i have got anywhere, Hell no i've only just started but it doesn't mean i wouldn't have tried my bloody best.

would i be able to enter ??? i'm doing my day 4 next week foundation or am i too much of a newbie?

would it be best to say have this for Jr's and the other comp is say for experienced. thats how i would see it then the better we get we can upgrade to the comp for more experienced.

Originally Posted by Sassy Hassy
I would say though that the newbies have to accept that a critique is there to help them so we can't have sensitive souls who can't hack criticism - if you want to improve you have to accept where you are going wrong.
to be honest i would love for critique i've posted a set in the critique section but i've only had 4 reply's :cry:

must be that bad :lol:

hi im fairly new ,plz pick me as i could do will some guidance on some techniques :rolleyes:

can someone clarify qualified???? Please :lol:

hi guys
great thread!
i would love to be a mentor, but it would b difficult between 14th sept and 7th oct as i will be travelling for fashion weeks.
someone pm me if this goes ahead and when, so i can let u know if i will b here.
x

I would really like to be in on this one as I could really do with some mentoring and help with my technique :smack::)

Will there be a post about when and if this will go ahead or do we just say that we want in and then get a pm nearer the time? :confused:

I think this is a great idea for all of us who are still a little unsure and maybe lack the confidence.

I finished my foundation course in May and want to do a skillbuild but that wont be until the new year at the rate I'm going! lol:smack:

xx

Sounds like a fab idea - know who I want my mentor to be - keep your diary free Rach.

Your on lol, god knows what you think you'll learn from me :lol:

I'm happy to offer help to someone wanting to do fibreglass or gel :D

would it be best to say have this for Jr's and the other comp is say for experienced. thats how i would see it then the better we get we can upgrade to the comp for more experienced.

I like this idea.. I got really excited about this because i sure could use some mentoring and critique but i have just been too nervous to enter anything yet.. perhaps if we class it as jnr then people like me and Toni Lee can squeeze in.. even though i dont come into the time frame of 1 year you can see from my work i aint up to scratch yet.. :green:
I could benefit from the experianced techs and would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be critiqued!
So my hands up.. (pick me pick me.. ill work my patootie off!!):hug:

im willing to offer all my expertise!!! lol

Oh and (yep im back again) is it salon nails or comp nails?? I'm hoping Salon as it would be a great opportunity for me to refine my skills.. but ill have a go at anything.. :)

I'm happy to offer help to someone wanting to do fibreglass or gel :D

Sandi if you'll have me, I have done gel in my first course and then done my conversion and not a lot of clients want it, would love to do more in gel :)

so whats wrong with me then????????????????????

lmao xxx

TUMBLEWEED!!!

Latest posts

Back