How are you getting on with Brisa?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mani-fique!

Reaction score
I've not heard a lot just lately on how you're all getting on with Brisa and as I'm considering it I would love to know what you guys think of it.... if you've had any problems with it..... the good points etc.

thanks.

Hi Tamm...
I must say that i do love 'brisa' especially on the toes as an overlay.

I havent been able to enjoy the product fully yet though as i still havent had my faulty lamp replaced that i bought at olympia three months ago! but have been told i will be sent one this week (saying that, i was told that a month ago!...lol)

But lamp aside i do love the product and result it gives you...i have had it on my toes now for three weeks and it still looks good.

The people i have put it on the hand nails love it too (will love it even more when i dont have to double cure i am sure...lol) and i havent had any lifting with the product whatsoever.

I had never used gel before so this is still new to me.

hth's

I absolutely love it..I have been wearing it since March and I love the bright whiteness, the high-gloss shine, the thin-ness, how easy it is to rebalance. As for others, those of our clients who have changed over to Brisa (mostly the ones who had problems with lifting) love it also - the one issue we have had is that if client is particularly 'hard' on her nails,i.e.clumsy, then she will suffer from more breaks.
Our nail techs find it easy to work with but more time-consuming, hopefully only until they have gained a bit more in experience. Hope this helps, Fiona

hi there i am trained in lcn gel and have trained with creative/iona milton keynes in fabric# and l &p - does anyone know if i can use brisa or do i have to 'convert'
many thanks

You can use Brisa though I would strongly encourage the 1 day course (its cheaper than buying the lamp and the kit seperate)

Give DN a call.

well - you all know that I haven't been 'hands on' for a long time!! I tweaked my Brisa re-balance last night (it was done in a great hurry and to be honest I didn't have much to do) but I did it myself and I think they look really lovely!! I have worn Brisa for almost 3 months now and am loving it very much!! :D

I love the Brisa system...........
It has given me a huge advantage in my Salon................
I cannot use, due to London City Council Regulation, L&P in my Salon.......
So before I would use the Fabric# system for L&P clients, but now I have another choice ..............Brisa..............
I have infilled and rebalanced now 30 odd sets of L&P with Brisa and the clients just love it........
I still have the ones that just love Fabric# and wouldn't change that for all the Tea in China..............
But the ones that have switched over from L&P to Brisa are just so impressed.........
Even the ones that have said to me.............."but I have sculpted nails".............Because I can give them that too..........

Now I have 2 choices and never need to turn anyone away............
Even repairs on L&P can be done with Brisa.......
Am I a happy Bunny.????..you betcha xxxxx

Nailsinlondon1 said:
I cannot use, due to London City Council Regulation, L&P in my Salon.......

I know this is going off topic but that's interesting Ruth. Can you please give some more detail about that?

Jane said:
I know this is going off topic but that's interesting Ruth. Can you please give some more detail about that?
I rent space in a Tanning Shop and we dont have adequate extraction for L&P, their regulations specify certain things and the owner is not willing to install extraction to the shop.............My table is not near a window, where I could use a protable extraction unit with a vent that leads to the outside.........
So London Inner City Council, the one that is ruling the square mile will not allow L&P usage in our shop.............
Where as other boroughs in London are strict on Licensing but a lot more relaxed on ventilation Regulations..................Each borough has their own rules lol......
So Fabric# and Brisa have made a huge difference to me.............infact using creative has made a huge difference to me xxx
HTH

I adore BRISA !!!
Always been a L&P girl myself but not any more.
I still love doing L&P's on customers but on myself brisa is so easy to sapply. And it gives you a bit more time to makesure the product is where you want it to be. My smile lines on my opposite hand now are just fab !
Well worth the cost and i will definitely be continuing with it.

My lamp arrived yesterday!...yahoo...lol

I have always preferred the gel system over the others and couldn`t wait for the Brisa and was just so excited when I got it you would not believe (how sad is that)
I was equally disappointed with the problems I was encountering when using it in the salon, the gel kept curing in their pots.
I work in a bright shop, although not in direct sunlight on right in the window or with any lights directly on me either, which I don`t need because the shop is so bright.
I have with loads of perseverence and stubbornness if you like.....sussed it. I have moved my desk to a somewhat darker area and I have found something I use as a marquee for my pots so they are in a dark area while the lid is off. Its also a talking point too and puts a smile on everyones face when the marquee comes out.
Having done all that and insisting on not giving up on the product (and I come pretty close too) I found it just the best gel product I`ve ever used and am extremely glad I have it

Debs said:
I have always preferred the gel system over the others and couldn`t wait for the Brisa and was just so excited when I got it you would not believe (how sad is that)
I was equally disappointed with the problems I was encountering when using it in the salon, the gel kept curing in their pots.
I work in a bright shop, although not in direct sunlight on right in the window or with any lights directly on me either, which I don`t need because the shop is so bright.
I have with loads of perseverence and stubbornness if you like.....sussed it. I have moved my desk to a somewhat darker area and I have found something I use as a marquee for my pots so they are in a dark area while the lid is off. Its also a talking point too and puts a smile on everyones face when the marquee comes out.
Having done all that and insisting on not giving up on the product (and I come pretty close too) I found it just the best gel product I`ve ever used and am extremely glad I have it

Would just like to clarify a little and say that Debs' problem seems to be pretty unique to her and that as a normal thing you do not have to work with any kind of shading device for Brisa Gels. I'm sure everyone who has ever used any gel has had the experience of curing a pot or 2 by mistake!!

I live in Spain and my 'salon' is always bright and I have never had this problem of Brisa curing in my pot. I do work carefully (as with any gel) to ensure that I do not leave the lid off the pot for longer than is absolutely necessary - this is how I have always worked with gels - and how I have always taught others to work with gels.

However it does show that when you have a problem it is good to use your initiative and to solve it!! So well done to Debs on that front. But I didn't want anyone to think from this post that they have to work under a 'tent', in a dark room, or put an umbrella over the pots to work succesfully with Brisa. You don't.

Thanks for all your feedback so far peeps.... keep it coming.... What I would like to know is any little techniques you've picked up in getting to grips with Brisa, any useful tips you can share regarding getting over any hiccups.......

Is there a little way of using the white sculpting gel for instance that you have discovered that makes it easier for you personally? I realise that it takes time to adjust to a new system/gel but I have heard that some peeps were having a little difficulty using the sculpting gel maybe because of this.

I wonder as well when it is likely that other shades of white will be coming out, or indeed any colours..... also when is the 'perma' gloss topcoat to use over enamel likely to be coming out?

I've noticed as well that in the catalogue there are is only one size pot of gel (14.17g) are there any plans to bring out larger sizes and therefore more cost effective?

Sorry for all the questions!!

geeg said:
Would just like to clarify a little and say that Debs' problem seems to be pretty unique to her and that as a normal thing you do not have to work with any kind of shading device for Brisa Gels. I'm sure everyone who has ever used any gel has had the experience of curing a pot or 2 by mistake!!

I live in Spain and my 'salon' is always bright and I have never had this problem of Brisa curing in my pot. I do work carefully (as with any gel) to ensure that I do not leave the lid off the pot for longer than is absolutely necessary - this is how I have always worked with gels - and how I have always taught others to work with gels.

However it does show that when you have a problem it is good to use your initiative and to solve it!! So well done to Debs on that front. But I didn't want anyone to think from this post that they have to work under a 'tent', in a dark room, or put an umbrella over the pots to work succesfully with Brisa. You don't.
Please please please don`t just jump on me for voicing how I feel about this but I have to add to what has been said here.
I can`t see that I`m the only person in the world that has problems with the pots curing, in fact, I know I`m not.
While I`m extremely glad I have found a way to work with it, I think there are probably techs out there that may have been experiencing the same problems but are too worried to bring it up because they don`t want to be made to feel inferior and I have shown them a way to work round it.
I also feel personally that putting the lid straight back on after loading the brush isn`t at all practical and letting go of the clients hand continually to do so just doesn`t sit right for me so to find another way was crucial to me.
If Creative decide to bring out gel in a flip lid pot forcing me to let go of clients hand to load brush every time then thats when I`ll have to give up on it because I do like to maintain contact with my clients therefore making them feel they are being pampered.

Debs said:
Please please please don`t just jump on me for voicing how I feel about this but I have to add to what has been said here.
I can`t see that I`m the only person in the world that has problems with the pots curing, in fact, I know I`m not.
While I`m extremely glad I have found a way to work with it, I think there are probably techs out there that may have been experiencing the same problems but are too worried to bring it up because they don`t want to be made to feel inferior and I have shown them a way to work round it.
I also feel personally that putting the lid straight back on after loading the brush isn`t at all practical and letting go of the clients hand continually to do so just doesn`t sit right for me so to find another way was crucial to me.
If Creative decide to bring out gel in a flip lid pot forcing me to let go of clients hand to load brush every time then thats when I`ll have to give up on it because I do like to maintain contact with my clients therefore making them feel they are being pampered.
Oh Debbie, well done you !!!!!
Thats what is called being inventive ..............
The tent is out...........Debs must be doing Brisa..............
You are ace babe !!!!!
Keep being You and never change lol !!!!!
Love ya just the way you are xxxx

Hey Debs,

I am really bummed that you have had a problem with gel curing in your pots as you have worked. You are also right in the fact that you are not the only one. Out of an aproximate 500 kits sold, there have been 2 others that have had the problem (and possibly even a few more).
You are also right in the fact that it is ridiculous to contemplate putting the lid back on in between every scoop. I too would be very frustrated with this.
Doug sent a great email on why this is happening and I will endevour to post it tomorrow, but I will paraphrase here in the meantime.

Brisa uses a very low count of photoinitiators (hence the need for high efficiency UV bulbs) however the photoinitiators used are highly active (sensitive to UV light). That allows us to get a solid cure with high emission UV. Highly active photoinitiators are very sensitive to UV light and sunlight emits more UV light than even the Brisa lamps.
Therefore, sunlight can have a very strong effect on Brisa in particular. Just as you can get just about as much UV exposure sitting in the shade as you can in direct sunlight, some salons can still have a lot of UV emissions in them even though the nail tech may not be sitting in direct sunlight. I feel that this has been the situation in all 3 cases that I have known about this happening. What has also supported this theory is that these salons did not even do gels before Brisa (though Im not sure if this is the case with you) therefore they were not expecting a problem.

Still the fact remains: No UV light=No cure.
It seems you have come up with a very smart way of limiting the UV light exposure suring application though I (like you) still wish you didnt have to ;)

Brisa could always be switched to use slower reactiving photoinitators. This would mean that it would be far less likely to set in your pot. However the catch is that a great deal more of these PI's would have to go into the product and as a consequence, you would increase the aging of the system.

I hope that helps shed some (non UV) light on the problem ;)

Thanks for that Sam but I have seen it thanks to Samantha and at the time it just got me more frustrated by thinking it impossible for me to use it altogether given the brightness of the salon I use it in and I didn`t thank her for trying to help really. I do apologise profusely to Samantha for biting her head off when she was only trying to help.
But armed with the info and obviously a will for it to work for me I adapted the best way I know how and thankfully I now have no more problems.
When you post Dougs info for all to see I should imagine anyone else having problems like I was may even feel like I did but I have to say to those who may just feel like that, don`t give up, just adapt, gigi has offered suggestion and along with my marquee idea no-one should need to give up on it at all now.

hi Debs . i toohave the same problem with it setting in the pot, wasnt going to comment but dont want you too feel too lonely out there one the board. i dont have bright lights and am not sure why it has happened as yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back