How are you getting on with wearing visors?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freelancetrainer

Reaction score
I’ve worn mine and finding when I have a large booking, full leg, under arm, Hollywood wax in one sitting that my visor starts to mist up slightly. I work in a medium sized room with air con and still I have to adjust it now and then to let the air demist it. How are you all getting on?

I hate all the ppe. Visor doesn’t exactly steam up but sweats.
Seriously thinking of jacking the whole lot in,

Has anyone found a face shield that you can see clearly through? I’m really struggling with my one x

[merged thread]

Last edited by a moderator:
I know how you both feel. I think we get very hot with basically a full suit of a glorified plastic bag! I am way past the menopause , but I really struggled with hot sweats when I was going through it.
Freelancetrainer could you have a fan just directed on you ? Don't know if it's allowed?

I hate the visor particularly when head down position to cut toe nails and neaten cuticles.
Light reflects inside the visor from my white clinic top and causes a blurring and it's horrendous.
I turn my head and it crumples on my shoulder when I am working.

My risk assessment tells me to consider :-
1) Is my client in danger from having a cut toe because I can't see? or
2) Is the danger from covid 19 greater if for the time I take to perform the cutting procedure I remove my visor and leave my mask on ? Putting the visor back on for the rest of the procedure. Both client and therapist have NO symptoms of covid 19 at the start of the treatment.

Mine is a "face shield " has a sponge forehead band , are they pretty much all the same?

I know how you both feel. I think we get very hot with basically a full suit of a glorified plastic bag! I am way past the menopause , but I really struggled with hot sweats when I was going through it.
Freelancetrainer could you have a fan just directed on you ? Don't know if it's allowed?

I hate the visor particularly when head down position to cut toe nails and neaten cuticles.
Light reflects inside the visor from my white clinic top and causes a blurring and it's horrendous.

2) Is the danger from covid 19 greater if for the time I take to perform the cutting procedure I remove my visor and leave my mask on ? Putting the visor back on for the rest of the procedure. Both client and therapist have NO symptoms of covid 19 at the start of the treatment.

Mine is a "face shield " has a sponge forehead band , are they pretty much all the same?
Mine is on a pair of goggles rims so it doesn’t touch my head at all. Just nice and close from forehead to chin and really clear. It was expensive as a deal with branded masks and apron from Dermalogica but if you can find one anywhere like that I defo recommend it. No sweaty forehead and no band headache x

Mine is on a pair of goggles rims so it doesn’t touch my head at all. Just nice and close from forehead to chin and really clear. It was expensive as a deal with branded masks and apron from Dermalogica but if you can find one anywhere like that I defo recommend it. No sweaty forehead and no band headache x
Thanks Ruby s
If we aren't Dermalogica salons can we as joe bloggs get them ? Can you wear glasses as well?

You could probably find something similar, in fact the visor isn’t branded so probably isn’t Dermalogica. Yep you can wear glasses underneath quite comfortably! I’ll see if I can find anything similar later when I get a chance and post back x

Hi there, I’m after some advice please. I’m new to mani/pedi/gel polish and have a treatment room at home. I have Perspex sneeze guard, do I need a visor and a face mask too?? I can’t seem to find advice on what you need with a sneeze guard.
thanks in advance.

[merged thread]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there, I’m after some advice please. I’m new to mani/pedi/gel polish and have a treatment room at home. I have Perspex sneeze guard, do I need a visor and a face mask too?? I can’t seem to find advice on what you need with a sneeze guard.
thanks in advance.

Start with your insurer who should provide you with basic guidance.

The visor is from bio therapeutics! It’s actually great. Just smashed my hand into it while doing a pedicure because I forgot it was there. Hope you can find one. I know they work with Dermalogica but maybe you can buy from a uk website. Good luck x

Can I ask what everyone is cleaning there’s with? I’ve sprayed mine with soapy water then an antibacterial & leave to dry but it’s gone streaky & can’t seem to get rid of the streaks.

Use fairy liquid on the clear plastic part for a no streak finish.
Soap it up, rinse and leave to dry.

I’ve just been told by a client who has to wear face masks with clear windows as her son is deaf so needs to see the mouth. The Deafness society tell them to rub liquid soap into the inside of the mask/shield then buff it in with a dry tissue and that prevents it misting. I’ve just done mine so will let you know if it works.

Latest posts

Back