How are you promoting Gelish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CazCardiff

Reaction score
Im really struggling to find Gelish clients! Im finding that people just dont seem to know what it is and what its capable of!
Ive made up some flyers promoting what it is etc.. and plan to do a big drop this weekend, but how are you getting people that know what Gelish is?
Mention Shellac and they're jumping! (or they ask "is it like Shellac?" as soon as I say no, its a Gel (not enhancements) not a polish, they lose inetrest!) But Gelish? People show interest in my own nails than run a mile when I tell them its Gelish and tell them how fab Gelish is and what it can withstand lol.

Getting really frustrated and losing heart with it :(
xx

When someone makes an appointment for a manicure why not say would you like to try it with gelish instead of a regular polish,go through the positives with them it lasts x amount of time,wear it yourself changing the colour each week so people get to see the range of colours xxx

Actually Gelish is Shellac's competition...they are not made of the same components but really customers are not interested in the science as per say, but they are interested in the benefits :)

Maybe you should explain to them that Gelish is similar to Shellac, provides beautiful shine and strengthens the natural nails, it protects the nails as well as many color choices. Gelish does have more color choice than Shellac but they are both excellent products ( i have both, but more Gelish then Shellac)
If applied correctly and the customer has good after care, it will last 2 to 3 weeks but i always recommend they have it removed and reapplied after 2 weeks because of growth.
I had a client that never had Gelish or Shellac and was not to charmed about getting it either ...I asked her to try it and if she didn't like it then i would refund her money or give her another service.....she tried gelish and loved it!!! ...she is now addicted and comes every 2 weeks to get her gelish done. She always says...I love Gelish it lasts and i don't have to worry about smudging :) That's a big plus !
It just takes one person to have it and they tell another and before u know it u have 10 people asking for it :)
You need to model Gelish and get it out there!...just coz people in your area don't know what it is doesn't mean it's a disaster for you, infact I'd say your in the perfect position to be among the first to introduce it to people :)
Don't give up ...it's the best thing since sliced bread :)

Good luck :) keep us updated on your progression with Gelish.

Actually Gelish is Shellac's competition...they are not made of the same components but really customers are not interested in the science as per say, but they are interested in the benefits :)

Maybe you should explain to them that Gelish is similar to Shellac, provides beautiful shine and strengthens the natural nails, it protects the nails as well as many color choices. Gelish does have more color choice than Shellac but they are both excellent products ( i have both, but more Gelish then Shellac)
If applied correctly and the customer has good after care, it will last 2 to 3 weeks but i always recommend they have it removed and reapplied after 2 weeks because of growth.
I had a client that never had Gelish or Shellac and was not to charmed about getting it either ...I asked her to try it and if she didn't like it then i would refund her money or give her another service.....she tried gelish and loved it!!! ...she is now addicted and comes every 2 weeks to get her gelish done. She always says...I love Gelish it lasts and i don't have to worry about smudging :) That's a big plus !
It just takes one person to have it and they tell another and before u know it u have 10 people asking for it :)
You need to model Gelish and get it out there!...just coz people in your area don't know what it is doesn't mean it's a disaster for you, infact I'd say your in the perfect position to be among the first to introduce it to people :)
Don't give up ...it's the best thing since sliced bread :)

Good luck :) keep us updated on your progression with Gelish.

Thank you :) I have a client booked in for Gelish next week and I know she definately has the gift of the gab! If she says something is fantastic, then they will be flocking to me! lol She's haivng it done just before she goes on holiday for 2 weeks, so if she manages to come back with it still looking good..im onto a winner!

Thats the exact reason why I chose Gelish over Shellac. No one around my area offered it. But one specific area im targeting doesnt even have a beauty Salon nearby so im hitting it with flyers this weekend, its got a few 1000 houses! (Ive noticed in the past flyers just dumped in the post office for people to pick up rahter than anyone doing the legwork and hand delivering them! (I have a couple of friends in the area and they say they rarely get flyers for anything other than takeaways).
xx

Agree with the above. When they ask if it's similar to Shellac you need to tell them that it has the same benefits, doesn't smudge or chip and can last as long or longer. Explain it is also cured under a special UV or LED lamp. Very similar but different and just as good.

With me I use Facebook as advertisement at the moment & is proving to be my main client source!
I post pictures daily of different Gelish colours, always have my nails a different colour/design! When they ask what's Gelish????? I tell then all the benefits & they can see for them selfs the colours available!!!

X

JoJo has the right idea :) Facebook is a great source for advertising and REAL people see it day in day out ! Posting pics on FB is awesome! I am in UK at the mo visiting family usually im based in USA. I'm here for a few months and here i am doing Gelish too LOL ! It's a way of life no matter where i am :) I think u have the right idea to hand out flyers to homes where u know have had no exposure to Gelish...If i were u i'd create a FB page specifically for your nails and whatever u offer...it will get you noticed :) If possible do it before u hand out flyers and note on the flyers ur link to your facebook page. If it's too late for doing that then u can always have it on your business cards when u hand them out.
Word of mouth and promoting your Gelish is probably one the most powerful advertising tool there is.
I'm glad to hear you have a lady booked into get Gelish...I have no doubt she will love it and she will be back with other referrals....good luck you obviously love Gelish and beleive in the product....i know i do :) Remember don't sell Gelish short on price, it's worth every penny ! Just the other day i seen Debenhams in London and Glasgow are charging £55 for Gelish manicure...i personally don't charge that much but it's certainly worth anything from £25 to £35 for regular Gelish application. Just thought you should know it's certainly valued as a high end product and lives up to it's presence in the nail industry! :)

Latest posts

Back