How basic do you do girls nails at school fair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CazCardiff

Reaction score
Ive been asked to do a stall at the local school fair doing girls nails. Last year the queue was horrendous for the nails, and charge was £1 each.

How basic should I do the nails? I was thinking NO filing, a quick dry base coat, a colour and some gems/striper then quick dry top coat. I have all sorts of shapes and colours of gems, and tonnes of polish.

The girl that usually does it cant do it this year, apparently she charged £1, no filing, does polish and top coat and a gem/sticker on one finger.

It sounded good when I agreed, now I think about it, im thinking ARGhhh Am I going to be able to cope? lol

xx

I would narrow down their options, the more colours/gems/stickers there are to choose from the longer they will take choosing! X

I would narrow down their options, the more colours/gems/stickers there are to choose from the longer they will take choosing! X

I wondered about doing a few "examples" and sticking them on a board, they choose from one of the examples. and only having a choice of 6 colour polish.

But, would you do base, polish, top and no filing?
xx

I used to do this every year at my daughters primary school. We charged £1 and I didn't include any frills lol

I had a selection of about 6 colours and stickers for them to choose from. It was literally one coat of colour and a sticker, 1 sticker per hand otherwise it gets expensive, and you know what they queued round the block and loved it :) We were always the last stall going at these events and even the teachers and parents would pay to have theirs done :lol:

I used to do this every year at my daughters primary school. We charged £1 and I didn't include any frills lol

I had a selection of about 6 colours and stickers for them to choose from. It was literally one coat of colour and a sticker, 1 sticker per hand otherwise it gets expensive, and you know what they queued round the block and loved it :) We were always the last stall going at these events and even the teachers and parents would pay to have theirs done :lol:

Thats fantastic! Thank you so much for your help. :) xxx

No problem - you'll be busy but enjoy it :)

I did this at my daughter's school before I even trained. They normally just want colour and would be delighted with a bit of sparkle. They won't even notice if there's no base or top coat!

At my little girls school they do 1 coat of colour and that's it. No stickers, no base coat or anything. The charge is £1.

When I do this, I charge 50p. 1 coat of colour, thats it, otherwise they're back with smudges or stones off, wanting replaced and with mums looking cross and kids about to cry :rolleyes: and the rest of the kiddie queue looking at you like YOU'RE rubbish!

What is really popular is having a different colour on each nail cos mums will paint their nails but can't be bothered to do this lol

Think I might make it £1 this year, although at 50p my daughter and I made £70 last year at one fair! Mega busy.

When I do this, I charge 50p. 1 coat of colour, thats it, otherwise they're back with smudges or stones off, wanting replaced and with mums looking cross and kids about to cry :rolleyes: and the rest of the kiddie queue looking at you like YOU'RE rubbish!

What is really popular is having a different colour on each nail cos mums will paint their nails but can't be bothered to do this lol

Think I might make it £1 this year, although at 50p my daughter and I made £70 last year at one fair! Mega busy.

wow thats fab! £70! the school will be dead chuffed if I made that! Did you do base or top coat? xx

Latest posts

Back