How best to work a deal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautybeauty

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I am in talks with a wee hairdressers in a busy shopping centre about providing eye treatments ( i.e tinting, threading, lashes) to thier customers. I start next week.

I have been to see them today and they havn't said clearly how I fit in. I'll be starting on a % basis but they havn't said what that may be?

I'll be providing all my own materials and they want me to bring a reclining chair ( which i dont have)

Im unsure of what to make of the situation to be honest.

Any words of guidance here geeks please?

Xx

Sorry for the really simple reply but I would advise to contact them ASAP and ask to meet to finalise a few things. Then discuss your percentage split etc. Do you have a beauty couch you could take instead of a reclining chair? Is there a particular reason they want you to have a chair instead of the bed? Maybe because you will be in the main room with the hairdressers rather than a small separate room. If you are expecting to start in a week I really think you should speak to them again to clear it all up x

Thanks for that.

I was wondering what kind of % would be reasonable if i'm supplying my own products? Also i think i may be called upon to provide my own leaflets etc.

Any advice please

work out your costs and profit margin and then decide what would be an acceptable % for you - then just go discuss with them BEFORE you start.. negotiate with them good terms for yourself and yes if you're self employed you should provide everything yourself

Does anyone else think thats abit of a rip off? Maybe its just me but your treatments dont require much extra electricity than they would be using anyway (maybe a small lamp if your area isnt well lit), providing all your own products and furniture... Are they doing anything more than providing an area? Imo a weekly rent on your area would be fairer if they arent, its your hard work not theirs!

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

its just business sarah thats how it can work - at end of day she will be exposed to their customer base so great earning potential there

I know its good for their business, im just saying if it was me i would rather pay a flat rate rent unless they were taking bookings etc for me, then i would consider it to be fair, as obviously they would earn more as they do more for me. Thats jst my honest opinion, if they provide nothing more than a space, i personally would pay a flat rate and nothing else!

I know its good for their business, im just saying if it was me i would rather pay a flat rate rent unless they were taking bookings etc for me, then i would consider it to be fair, as obviously they would earn more as they do more for me. Thats jst my honest opinion, if they provide nothing more than a space, i personally would pay a flat rate and nothing else!

I think there's pros and cons to doing it either way...
What about those times when you're really quiet and still have to pay your rent when you haven't earnt that much that week ???
If you pay them a % It will drive them to get more bookings for you and for them to encourage their clients to have your treatments? Because the more money you earn, the more money they earn, so it will work in your and their favour to tell their clients etc

I think there's pros and cons to doing it either way...
What about those times when you're really quiet and still have to pay your rent when you haven't earnt that much that week ???
If you pay them a % It will drive them to get more bookings for you and for them to encourage their clients to have your treatments? Because the more money you earn, the more money they earn, so it will work in your and their favour to tell their clients etc

agree! for someone starting out in business its cost effective way to get up and running

What about a percentage but capped at a certain amount? I think having a god client base deserves something. If you want to use someone else's business for your own gain then it's only right you share some of that profit :)

Latest posts

Back