how big should bonds be ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dee

supernatural geek
Reaction score
cambridge,ON canada .. but originally from uk , lo
my friend had some hair extensions in underneath her layers to make it look better till her nat hair grows longer
but the hairdresser was making a mess of the cut so she told her to stop and came to me and when i looked at the bonds they are really quite long (abt 1/2 inch at least)
now i always thought the bonds should be not noticable ? granted hers are only underneath so you cant seem em except when the wind blows her hair around , lol but even so i dont think i would be happy having bulky looking extensions in,

am now going to do the course so i can see exacltly how they are meant to be done but would love to hear from someone in the know :green:
thanks guys xx

Mine are like grains of rice (cooked) lol

I have a full head of extensions...... not sure how big they are supossed to be ....

Im sure the hair geeks will advise

Champagne x

Yep, the bonds may be any where from 5mm to 2cm. It depends on the brand of hair and which bonding system is used. The brand I use comes pre bonded and sometimes if I am applying to shorter or finer hair I cut the bonds down in size to suit. This won't affect the life of the extensions if applied correctly.
If the bonds are applied during application the final result may result in larger and chunky bonds if they are not applied by an experienced extenionist.

Hi , I do them like a grain of rice too :hug: x
Have you got any pics of the bonds ?

no hun i dont , i will have to get photos , i knew they didnt look right :lol:, oh well as long as mine dont look like that when i train ,:green:

Funny enough when I went to the salon today to have a look at getting mine taken out the extensionist there said mine looked very big! They are certainly not like a grain of rice! They are very thick too, but the whole time I have had them in not one person has noticed that they were hair extensions!! x

Latest posts

Back