How brillient is this??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Reaction score
Marina Egan ... won the Nail competition in Dublin last weekend with BRISA GELS!!!

Never before has a gel won a competition in the UK or Eire.

Congratulations!! Fantastic Marina. The first inthe world to win with Brisa!!

Congratulations to Marina :D
A first in more way than one ;)

Well done and it is such a buzz when you believe in a product and you make it work for you, and then score top prize!!!!!!!!!!
This is a brill result..............
Well done Marina...........any pictures??????

Congratulations Marina!

I was at the Irish Nail Championships over the weekend (airbrush demo's for Nail & Beauty Systems again!) and happened to be watching Karen demonstrate Brisa when Marina and some of the other Creative girls came back from the competition. I wasn't able to hang around too long to see the models so would love it if anyone has pics they could post.

Geeg - do you happen to know how the Creative tech (don't know her name) who entered the Nail Art comp did? Karen (O'Neill) was saying the theme was 'I'm a Barbie Girl' and I would have loved to have seen that too.

I believe Creative also got the Training award? Well done!

Jackie
Liberty Nail Design
Dublin

JackieMc said:
Geeg - do you happen to know how the Creative tech (don't know her name) who entered the Nail Art comp did? Karen (O'Neill) was saying the theme was 'I'm a Barbie Girl' and I would have loved to have seen that too.
I believe Creative also got the Training award? Well done!
Jackie Liberty Nail Design Dublin
Hey JackieMc - Michelle Carrol did win the Nail Art Comp; Kerrie O'Niell (Karen's daughter) took 2nd in L&P tip & overlay. At the awards, they won BEST TRAINING (Awsome) and Best Nail Technician - Karen O'Niell (Natural Nails) with Highly Commended for both Natural and Artificial nails....by Michelle and Kerrie - they were actually nominated for 5 awards - WE ARE SO PROUD OF THEM!!!

Mrs Geek said:
Hey JackieMc - Michelle Carrol did win the Nail Art Comp; Kerrie O'Niell (Karen's daughter) took 2nd in L&P tip & overlay. At the awards, they won BEST TRAINING (Awsome) and Best Nail Technician - Karen O'Niell (Natural Nails) with Highly Commended for both Natural and Artificial nails....by Michelle and Kerrie - they were actually nominated for 5 awards - WE ARE SO PROUD OF THEM!!!

Thanks for letting me know, Samantha, Once again, if anyone has pics from the Irish Nail Champs, I'd love to see them!

Jackie

So glad to hear that news,

Marina and Karen are two great ladies, understanding and reasuring, along with the rest of their team - Kerrie, Michelle (both new trainers I think) and Emmer (the girl on the end of the Phone).

Congratulations to them all and long may they have great succes.

Wow, congratulations to her with that Brisa win, and all the others too.....
I have a question on that though.......how did she manage to enter and win a competition with Brisa that quickly???????
Its only just been launched, surely you need to have applied to enter the competition a while ago now?

That is brilliant news, i would love to see some pictures!!!

Debs said:
Wow, congratulations to her with that Brisa win, and all the others too.....
I have a question on that though.......how did she manage to enter and win a competition with Brisa that quickly???????
Its only just been launched, surely you need to have applied to enter the competition a while ago now?

Well Debbie, she attended the Brisa training in Germany with me so got her Brisa a few weeks ago.

Also there is nothing to stop anyone entering on the last minute of registration on the day of a competition.

geeg is right
i registered on the day of the comp.
i was also on the germany training & was very impressed with the brisa gel.
i had only "played" with gel at the usa regionals last year for a few nails, & got to do 5 more in germany.
however, there was unfoftunatly no gel catagory at olympia, so i was placed in with l&p competitors, & had to sculpt.
i really enjoyed taking 2 1/2 hrs to complete my 1st set of gel sculpts!
i also didn't feel under as much pressure as i would normally in a comp. as it would've been quite a feat to place among seasoned sculpting l&p competitors.

the male competitor who sat nxt to me in the comp also used gel in the virgin cat.
he had never seen gel sculpted b4, & was in awe of the look of the white smile lines acheivable with brisa.
there needs 2b more competitors in gel, so that they can compete on an even level with each other.

SO, calling all gel users!!
get your brisa kits, & enter the comp at excell in sept.!

maria deserves all the praise in the world for all her hard work, she bent my ear in california last year, on everything i could tell her about compititions, i am sooooo proud that she took it & ran with it.

GO THE IRISH GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
liza xxx

I am swaying.....honest........I`d really like to compete with Brisa
Its just that confidence thing, and the money for more training of course.
But I have to get my masters out of the way first and if I don`t pass that I just may give up altogether!!!!!!!!!

Debs said:
I am swaying.....honest........I`d really like to compete with Brisa
Its just that confidence thing, and the money for more training of course.
But I have to get my masters out of the way first and if I don`t pass that I just may give up altogether!!!!!!!!!
I'm sure everyone is scared the first time they compete it is a scarey thing to do after all! But I think you would feel so proud of yourself if you did. And that is a huge confidence boost! Besides I know how much you love gel and how impressed you are with Brisa so get your masters out the way (which I know you will be fine with:biggrin: even though thats a huge scarey thing as well:eek: ) and get practicing like mad over the next few months with the aim to competing in September! Just take one step at a time. At the moment you've got a lot of changes going on... your new working arrangement, your nail art course (which is driving you insane lol) and your Masters qualification so at the moment competing will sound a bit overwhelming.... see how you feel once you've got the other stuff underway... you may find you are up to it.

What ever happens I know you will enjoy yourself... and thats the main thing!

All the best

Hey Everyone,

Thank you all so much for your congrats on our recent wins, it means so much to us all here at the Creative Nail Academy Ireland. We are especially proud of our Best Training Award as we worked so hard for it ! Thank you to all of our wonderful students who have trained with us and we look forward to seeing you all soon!

I do have some pics of Michelle after winning 1st Place with her 'Barbie goes on Holiday' Fantasy Nail Art theme and will try and get them up on the site for you all soon.

Lots of Love,

Emer xx xx ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back