How busy are nail techs based in hairdressers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck .. loving your attitude and your enthusiasm .. you have the right idea and I'm sure the clients will love you. I send All my very best wishes for your future success.

Aw thank you - that means alot :)

Have you had the interview yet?

Here are my thoughts. When I first started I was mobile, never again, hated not having control over my environment and lugging everything around. Then worked from home in a salon style room, better than mobile but not ideal, not for me.

After I had my second child I rented a room 2 days a week in a very well run beauticians which also had and still does have a an excellent rep. I time shared the room with 2 other folk. We all did very different treatments which is fine. However I could never make the room my own so I found that frustrating. For a short time I was mobile sort of between this room and the room below, stopped due to personal reasons.

After having number 3 (and last) I have been, since Christmas in a busy high street hairdressers (different town to above). I am 3 days at the moment but come July I will be full time. My husband is going to be a stay at home dad and do a degree and I am going to work full time. He has for as long as I can remember worked away from home driving class 1 HGV's. We have all had enough!

Sorry went off topic then......Own room which I have decorated, wallpaper, flooring, furniture from Ikea and window frosting as a one off advertising cost. It cost money but really set's me apart.

Just because you work part time you still need to put the effort in and advertise. You can do flyers very cheaply, word of mouth. Facebook is free. Some websites are free. Window frosting with your logo or info, really not that expensive!

I have also found that as others have said you end up swapping clients. In short you well get out what you put in. I wish you luck :lick:

Latest posts

Back