How busy are you all with tanning?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lush-Lash

Reaction score
Hi, how are you all finding business lately?

I'm picking up a little now but been really really quiet for a bit, done 2 today & 1 tomorrow & 1 Friday so 4 this week, 3 booked for next week too, not crazy busy like some but it's better than it has been.

1500 leaflets ready to be delivered next week (if it doesn't rain)

Have just got a leaflet through from the local paper just short of £40 for a weeks advertising in the paper, reaches 40,000 homes per night 'apparently' so think I'm going to try it for a week.

I was going to pack tanning in as i wasn't getting much interest, but my 2 clients today who have returned said its the best tan they've had from me previously so when I hear comments like that makes me want to keep doing it! :) had a few enquiries this last week too so I'm feeling hopeful!

I'm using LA tan & have no complaints with it. Xx

I'm not.
I'm putting it down to time of year, weather and the fact that about 25 mobile tanners within a 5mile radius is offering them between £5-£10 which I can't see the point in putting my tent up for.

I'm not.
I'm putting it down to time of year, weather and the fact that about 25 mobile tanners within a 5mile radius is offering them between £5-£10 which I can't see the point in putting my tent up for.

I charge £15, (id of liked to have charged £20, but ended up sticking at £15) I give all the extras like hair net, barrier cream, sticky feet, after care leaflet etc.. & shock horror I'm qualified & insured unlike most round here.

most round here just spray you & off you go & charge between £8-£10 for it, I've had many clients tell me this before, people have to come to me for £15 too, I wouldn't charge any less than £15 whats the point in working for pennies its silly! X

Im not either .... to the point i'm selling my FB solutions on eBay to try & get some money back to pay my bills.

I charge £15, (id of liked to have charged £20, but ended up sticking at £15) I give all the extras like hair net, barrier cream, sticky feet, after care leaflet etc.. & shock horror I'm qualified & insured unlike most round here.

most round here just spray you & off you go & charge between £8-£10 for it, I've had many clients tell me this before, people have to come to me for £15 too, I wouldn't charge any less than £15 whats the point in working for pennies its silly! X

Exactly the same as me. It's very annoying!:rolleyes:

Dead! Only had 4 booked in this year! ): x

Eek just signed up to do my training! Hoping things pick up for us all!x

I stopped doing tans in the salon last year! I would only do about 4 a year and they make such a mess!! It's such a sad thing for those who only do tanning!! Could you not try and think of more creative ways to get new clients??

Contact the 'prom comity' at school with tan offers maybe ask the school if you could go in to the school one night and do a group of pupils!?

Weight watchers groups?

Baby clubs?

Maybe if you know a Ann summers rep or virgin vie? Buddy up with them and do tans at the same time!!!

Fake tan Friday? Get ready for the weekend 5 girls £xx amount each

Local businesses offer all the girls that work in the local tesco £5 off tans etc.

Amelia - I go to weight watchers on a Wednesday, I've been meaning for the past 2 weeks to take some of my leaflets & leave them on the desk as you walk in, just wrote on my calendar LEAFLETS on next Wednesday that will remind me :) X

I think the market is saturated.Gone are the days when most beauty treatments were in beauty salons and by fully trained beauty therapists.Now for about £200 you can start a spraytan business.If that's all I had to rely on I certainly wouldn't be jumping on the bandwagon now.

I think the market is saturated.Gone are the days when most beauty treatments were in beauty salons and by fully trained beauty therapists.Now for about £200 you can start a spraytan business.If that's all I had to rely on I certainly wouldn't be jumping on the bandwagon now.

It definitely is saturated, people think it's easy money... God they are in for a shock if that's what they think. Some weeks I will do really well, others I'm as dead as a door knob lol & I've been doing it 2 years x

I'm busy as I always am with tanning??

I hate to say it to you, but I'm the busiest I have ever been with the tanning!! More so than Xmas, but saying that, I think I only had one or two for new year!! It's really really strange!!
I think maybe some of it could be down to the fact that I have really really picked up my fb page and try to post pics and things each night, so people now know who I am instead of 'who's that again'?
Also, I reckon it could be cos I've just recently started doing brows, so the people that come for brows then find out that I do tans when they see my tent.

I reckon it will soon pick up - spring is here (sort of)
I too have about 25 people/salons in the area that provide tanning (there was only two of us plus 3 salons when I started up a couple of yrs ago) 1 lady (who I get on very well with) - charges £10 & she's mobile!! Where as I charge £12 from a home salon, but I have lots of regulars still :)

Bring on summertime :) xxx

hey, i've had 1 client since Dec, nightmare!!

I don't know whether to carry on??

Em :confused:

I hate to say it to you, but I'm the busiest I have ever been with the tanning!! More so than Xmas, but saying that, I think I only had one or two for new year!! It's really really strange!!
I think maybe some of it could be down to the fact that I have really really picked up my fb page and try to post pics and things each night, so people now know who I am instead of 'who's that again'?
Also, I reckon it could be cos I've just recently started doing brows, so the people that come for brows then find out that I do tans when they see my tent.

I reckon it will soon pick up - spring is here (sort of)
I too have about 25 people/salons in the area that provide tanning (there was only two of us plus 3 salons when I started up a couple of yrs ago) 1 lady (who I get on very well with) - charges £10 & she's mobile!! Where as I charge £12 from a home salon, but I have lots of regulars still :)

Bring on summertime :) xxx

There's nothing to hate to say about it hun, good for you, im pleased your busy xxx

Yup, exactly as everybody else has said! since sept ive only done 5, i have 1 booked in for april but thats it. I use nouvatan and I charge £15, i too provide all the disposables/after care etc. I also do a 'tanning club' offer which ive never had anybody ask about. i dont know what other people in my area charge as i havent looked since doing my prices, but the last time i looked there was a mobile company doing a 'tanning club' offer for £10 cheaper than I was which i thought was crazy as they were mobile, but i guess they know whats worth it for them?i do so much shellac and hollywood waxing that i dont really spend much time thinking about other treatments if im honest, which is probably a bit silly! Kim lawless and cnd are quite literally paying my bills haha :D

If theres so many of us that arent doing a huge amount of tans surely tanning companies will also notice a drop in their profits too? Maybe theyll start pushing their brands to raise their profile more or come out with some new anti ageing, ass reducing, tummy firming, gerard butler attracting solution?

I think tanning is a funny one... Clients can get the same look from boots/super drug etc for a cheaper price and theres not much risk of it going wrong with a gradual building tan and most people arrange their nights out with notice it seems these days as theres so much that goes into a night out they need to give themselves a full months worth of preping haha x

I'm busy as I always am with tanning??

How many do you do a week?

A good week for me is over 10 tans in a week which I have done numerous times. Just this past 6 weeks has been SLOW! X

Maybe theyll start pushing their brands to raise their profile more or come out with some new anti ageing, ass reducing, tummy firming, gerard butler attracting solution? x

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :wink2::wink2:

The self tanning sprays etc are much easier and better to apply now and of course Fake bake,st tropez etc can all be bought in boots.Friends do each other sharing the cost of a bottle.Money is tight nowadays no doubt about it.

Why don't you do like a tanning membership. Like the gym! It's £xx a month and you can have as many tans as you like! I pay £50 a month for the gym and have been 5 times this year :/

Latest posts

Back