How can I avoid extreme warmth?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buxom

Reaction score
Hey all!

My client is a level 6 / 50% grey. I paint between her foils to bring her to 7-8a, but no matter what formula I use, her roots always end up orange. I add nearly an entire tube of ash additive and it doesn't make a difference.

I end up having to do a second pass of the same formula to achieve the desired result.

Does anyone have any advice so that I can get her there is one application?

Thanks for your time!

Hey all!

My client is a level 6 / 50% grey. I paint between her foils to bring her to 7-8a, but no matter what formula I use, her roots always end up orange. I add nearly an entire tube of ash additive and it doesn't make a difference.

I end up having to do a second pass of the same formula to achieve the desired result.

Does anyone have any advice so that I can get her there is one application?

Thanks for your time!
What do you use?

Is 8a and 9a green or blue based?

Wella. Tried Goldwell as well but I generally find Wella's blue base strong.
In wella 8a would be 8/1 which is green based. If its orange you're seeing you need to be using blue which is pearl in wella /8 take a loot at either using 30g 8/1 + 1.5g 0/88 + 6% or take a look at illunina 7/81 +9%

The tube in Wella says blue on it in Canada, as well as they ash intensifier is blue based. Wouldn't you think that should be sufficient?
Thanks for sharing your formula with me!

The tube in Wella says blue on it in Canada, as well as they ash intensifier is blue based. Wouldn't you think that should be sufficient?
Thanks for sharing your formula with me!
To be honest it's very rare that you will get hair to lift 2+ shades and still be cool unless you're working with a base 8 or lighter. The other option you have is bleach and tone?

Latest posts

Back