How can I gain more clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HairxByxMollie

Reaction score
I'm trained at:
Entry level hair and beauty
Level one hair
Level two hair
(I didn't finish my level 3 but I will be going back to do it soon)
I am now 21 years old and I've been working in my first salon for a few months now.
I work 3 days a week, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
On a good day I have at least 3 booked in clients and at least 2 walkins.

Has anybody got any tips of how I can gain more clients via social media and word of mouth.

What's the best pay to post on Facebook and instagram about appointments?

I also do cold fusion hair extensions out of salon hours because I did not do an extension course instead another hairdresser thought me. But I am good and I do get a lot of mobile clients for them.
Am I okay to advertise extensions still?

Are you self employed in the salon or on a wage?
If you were taught extensions by another hairdresser but you don't have a certificate, I think you'll struggle to get insurance to cover you for doing them.

Are you self employed in the salon or on a wage?
If you were taught extensions by another hairdresser but you don't have a certificate, I think you'll struggle to get insurance to cover you for doing them.
On a wage, I've never had any complaints from doing extensions and I've been doing them for over a year now, I let each client know that I was trained by another stylist not an educator before the service

On a wage, I've never had any complaints from doing extensions and I've been doing them for over a year now, I let each client know that I was trained by another stylist not an educator before the service

Are you registered with HMRC as self employed when doing hair extensions at home?
Legally, you should be.

You're being incredibly naive if you think that doing hair extensions without being registered, fully certified and insured isn't seriously risky. It only takes one unhappy client to cause you major problems.
It's an easy situation to resolve as you only need to complete a one day (properly accredited) course, if you're confident in your ability and then you would be covered and can purchase insurance.

Back to your original question.
If you're employed, your employer should be making the effort to drum up business, as ultimately, they're responsible for paying your wages. If you spend a lot of your own time marketing yourself and building a column of clients, start thinking about renting a chair for 3 days instead and becoming fully self employed offering a full range of hairdressing services. You stand to earn a lot more money that way.

Best of luck!

Latest posts

Back