How can I get my dappen dish clean?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How can it be dried when it's in the bottom of your liquid dish ?
After each client I wipe out my liquid dish with a tissue (wrap it in foil) then throw it in the bin, I use fresh monomer for each client

I usually do this too but was in a rush and didn't clean it properly and my mix ratio was well off

I usually do this too but was in a rush and didn't clean it properly and my mix ratio was well off

excuses, excuses , just do it .... it should be part of your routine ....... but only if you care, your mix ratio should be second nature without a thought, learn your product ... actually I haven't thought of ratio in years ..... it's just there

excuses, excuses , just do it .... it should be part of your routine ....... but only if you care, your mix ratio should be second nature without a thought, learn your product ... actually I haven't thought of ratio in years ..... it's just there

Oh well i've learnt the hard way :o

she did mention she was learning and everyone makes mistakes, even those who have done their job for years and years make mistakes.

To go back to the original question my darling. If your dappen dish has any dried residue in it, for whatever reason, you can just add a little acetone or brush cleaner, leave to soak for a short time and wipe out. Then rinse it out and dry it and it will be fine!

Acetone must not be used in brushes but in your dappen dish it is fine, it will evaporate away anyway!

For us mere mortals, who do have to train and practice when we first start in the industry, or for those of us who are losing our marbles and sometimes forget to wipe out the dish, then that is the easy way of doing it!

I find some of the comments on this thread unnecessary as the op has stated she is still learning. Shame on those of you who have not taken this on board and who have been overcritical.

To the Op - my darling you will practice and become perfect eventually and never make any mistakes until you get to my age, then it will all be downhill :wink2:

Pour pure acetone in dapper dish and let sit for a while until dried buildup dissolves. Wipe clean with cotton or towel

she did mention she was learning and everyone makes mistakes, even those who have done their job for years and years make mistakes.

:) x

To go back to the original question my darling. If your dappen dish has any dried residue in it, for whatever reason, you can just add a little acetone or brush cleaner, leave to soak for a short time and wipe out. Then rinse it out and dry it and it will be fine!

Acetone must not be used in brushes but in your dappen dish it is fine, it will evaporate away anyway!

For us mere mortals, who do have to train and practice when we first start in the industry, or for those of us who are losing our marbles and sometimes forget to wipe out the dish, then that is the easy way of doing it!

I find some of the comments on this thread unnecessary as the op has stated she is still learning. Shame on those of you who have not taken this on board and who have been overcritical.

To the Op - my darling you will practice and become perfect eventually and never make any mistakes until you get to my age, then it will all be downhill :wink2:

Thank you :) x

the most important thing is to learn from your mistakes, not the fact "I knew it, but didn't have the time", you can go on using excuses forever ....
If nobody jumps on you nobody learns, what's the point of saying "you poor dear" when in fact you need a kick up the bum :) Particularly when it's knowledge you already have , I understand some peoples needs to defend/sympathise with others, but sheesh, you gotta play by the rules you were taught eventually

Latest posts

Back