How can I make a beauty Facebook page?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holliex

Reaction score
Iv tried to make another Facebook page to advertise my mobile business - Beauty by Hollie. But Facebook will only let me make a 'like' page where people have to like the page instead of add as friend. How do I Make a page where clients have to add me - iv seen loads of beauty Facebook pages but Facebook is telling me I have to go under my real name. Anyone have any idea? X

Usually it works if you put your name as 'beauty by' as 1st name then Hollie as surname, us a diff email to your account and keep playing round until it accepts the name xx

Usually it works if you put your name as 'beauty by' as 1st name then Hollie as surname, us a diff email to your account and keep playing round until it accepts the name xx

I did try that and it didn't work :( have to keep trying x

have a play around with it. I had the same problem. If i remember i did dazzling nails as first name and then gill as last name. I didn't use by or anything like that and i'm sure it worked. I spent ages doing it but did manage it eventually.
hope this helps

have a play around with it. I had the same problem. If i remember i did dazzling nails as first name and then gill as last name. I didn't use by or anything like that and i'm sure it worked. I spent ages doing it but did manage it eventually.
hope this helps

Ok thank you. I will have another go. I really want an add as friend page, not to keen in the like pages. X

same here, i do have a page where people like but i hate it and it doesn't work for me. x

I am sure I read on here in previous months that Facebook are stopping business pages being set up like a person and they have to set up a like page instead. Also that face book were shutting down pages like this. Would like to know for sure myself as I need to set a face book page shortly myself

same here, i do have a page where people like but i hate it and it doesn't work for me. x

Iv just done it.
BeautyBy Hollie
Took some doing but I think it's worked! X

Great. I must have dreamt it then lol

I have just set up a Beauty page, linked to my own Facebook page, but I cant really see the point of it, I cannot work out where to put all my details, prices etc. to advertise, there does not really seem to be much room. Also not sure who can see it and how I can get others to see it who are not my friends....?

I have just set up a Beauty page, linked to my own Facebook page, but I cant really see the point of it, I cannot work out where to put all my details, prices etc. to advertise, there does not really seem to be much room. Also not sure who can see it and how I can get others to see it who are not my friends....?

I think you have set up a page that has to be liked. You get to it through your own Facebook page. I did this at first but wanted an add as friend page. You just have to get people to like your page. Otherwise sign up for a new account. X x

Great. I must have dreamt it then lol

Lol.
It took me a few times to do it. They only accept what they think is your name. So my first name is beautyby and my second name is Hollie lol x

Hi guys sorry to sound like a party pooper but what you've done is against Facebook rules & they do crack down on those they find.

There's a chance your page will be closed down/removed & so you may be best ploughing your efforts into a like page that will remain rather than a profile that could be closed down xxx

Hi guys sorry to sound like a party pooper but what you've done is against Facebook rules & they do crack down on those they find.

There's a chance your page will be closed down/removed & so you may be best ploughing your efforts into a like page that will remain rather than a profile that could be closed down xxx

Yep, if they get wind of your page, they can shut it down without notice as it's in violation of their terms and conditions.

This is why you had so much trouble with the name - "beauty" is not a persons name, so it won't accept it. Any words like beauty, skin, etc it will not let you have in the name, unless you cram them together, as you have done. Be careful and hope someone does not report your page :)

My boss had this problem, she set us a proper page, added all the info etc then when fb realised it wasn't a real person but a business they deleted it. So she's had to start over on a 'like' page x

So if you have a like page does that mean you can't have status updates etc? Can you still put offers on? Sorry I am not far off clueless when it comes to computers. X

No it's very similar to a profile page but the main difference is you can't really approach people (like a friend request) you have to wait for them to come to you & like you.

You can post updates pictures allsorts. The best solution I found was to link my personal profile to my page so I could use my personal account to contact people and then ask them to go to my page (give a link etc) and post my page info on my profile for friends to see xx

So if you have a like page does that mean you can't have status updates etc? Can you still put offers on? Sorry I am not far off clueless when it comes to computers. X

Yes, with a like page you can still use it like your normal Facebook page - photos, status updates etc it just means people have to like it instead of add you as a friend x

Oh dear, it took me ages so hopefully I'll be able to keep it. Iv seen so many beauty pages like that. I don't like the idea of the like pages :( x

I've made a business page and also a group, the group works better than the like page in my opinion :)

Latest posts

Back