How can I make a beauty Facebook page?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've made a business page and also a group, the group works better than the like page in my opinion :)

How do you get friends to join a group? Is it add as friend still? X

Thanks guys. I suppose if I get stuck I can always ask the kids. They seem to know what they are doing with facebook twitter google+ etc lol :)

Why would FB make a business page so difficult?? Does not make sense at all. The salon i work for have a FB business page which i have like but none of there offers come onto my wall for me to see - this makes it pointless to advertise special offers - i guess a group page is only option then......xx

Why would FB make a business page so difficult?? Does not make sense at all. The salon i work for have a FB business page which i have like but none of there offers come onto my wall for me to see - this makes it pointless to advertise special offers - i guess a group page is only option then......xx

I think this is because only 10% of a page's likers receive updates (perhaps so facebook isn't just swamped & turning into an ad site) so you as the liker have to go to your settings and select "show updates in my newsfeed" or something similar. You also have to make sure all your likers do that.

Re Facebook making it hard - I honestly don't think it is, once you get your head around it. I also think its an amazing resource to have for free!!!

I like my business page, I can highlight stories etc and pin them to the top of my page for 7 days so that it's the first thing people see when they come to it. The ONLY thing I don't like, is that I can't tag my clients in my pictures of their nails. The only people I can tag are those who are friends with me on my personal profile page. So if they could rectify that, then that would be very handy. But other than that, it's not really any different to a personal profile and yes, you'll need to be careful as they WILL close your account down if you have a business related page set up a a personal profile.

I had my business profile page closed last week .....i managed to get it back though ....i had to verify my mobile number (fb text me code to type in) and play a game of guess the picture lol
I was given a random selection of photos and had to guess from multiple choice who was in the pictures , thankfully the pictures it gave me I knew who everyone was .
I now have a 'like' page as backup lol . I'm guessing somebody reported me , I nearly had a heart attack though when I couldn't log in :p

Last edited:
I had my business profile page closed last week .....i managed to get it back though ....i had to verify my mobile number (fb text me code to type in) and play a game of guess the picture lol
I was given a random selection of photos and had to guess from multiple choice who was in the pictures , thankfully the pictures it gave me I knew who everyone was .
I now have a 'like' page as backup lol . I'm guessing somebody reported me , I nearly had a heart attack though when I couldn't log in :p

How bizarre, why the photos? Don't get that :confused: So I'm guessing you didn't know if you were definitely reported then? Am glad I decided not to switch now. I contemplated it briefly as the inability to tag my clients in photos is really annoying me but I think I'd rather stick with mine as it is despite that. Hopefully they'll add that feature at some point

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I'm worried now that mine will get closed down! Good job you managed to log back in x

I've read that they let you transform your friends into likes so maybe not all will be lost if they do close you down? Anyone had that experience?

I think this is because only 10% of a page's likers receive updates (perhaps so facebook isn't just swamped & turning into an ad site) so you as the liker have to go to your settings and select "show updates in my newsfeed" or something similar. You also have to make sure all your likers do that.

Thanks, I didn't know this!

So, my likers go onto my page first, then go to settings on my page and select updates in news feed from there?

I've just tried on a page that I like myself and can't find anything to select, apart from the drop down box next to the message button, where you can choose to dislike the page. :o

With a group you just tell people to join or you can add them in so much easier :)

Latest posts

Back