How can I make my own natural nails stronger?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haysgossip

Reaction score
Hi advice very much needed on growing my own nails I don't want to keep having nail extensions but my own natural nails are very weak and split and break, they just don't grow I'm using nail hardener lots of hand creams to take care of my hands lots of cuticle massage to make them grow but they're still not strong help help help please
Tia ladies xx

How about Brisa lite smoothing gel, it's a clear gel that goes on like shellac pretty much and comes off like shellac. And solar oil of course :)

How about Brisa lite smoothing gel, it goes on and comes off just like shellac but gives nails great strength and shine

Sorry that posted twice, it said failed first time!!

If it's a nail hardener that you're using this could be adding to the problem. Hardeners do what they say and harden but over harden if used more than a couple of weeks and make nails brittle so they snap.

I would suggest you have Shellac or Gellish and use plenty of oil every day. If this isn't an option, try Toughen Up from CND or even polish but keep the oil use up. If your nails are still very week after a couple of months, use the hardener again but only for 2 weeks or so

Nailtiques is a protein rich formula that is brilliant to grow the natural nail. I had great results on a client with red, raw nail plates where her acrylics had been drilled off, and they had kept going. Nails were in hideous condition and sore to touch. She now has fabulous, strong nails - but there are no shortcuts. You need to follow a programme of care and stick to it. I like Nailtiques as it's very easy to do yourself, and there are no chemicals to remove, but I would also advocate regular manis as any underlying conditions can be assessed. Hope that helps x

Hi advice very much needed on growing my own nails I don't want to keep having nail extensions but my own natural nails are very weak and split and break, they just don't grow I'm using nail hardener lots of hand creams to take care of my hands lots of cuticle massage to make them grow but they're still not strong help help help please
Tia ladies xx

Keep your nails away from water, always wear gloves when doing dishes, garden work...
File you nails, don't bite or cut them. Use solar oil minimum twice a day on you nails and surrounding skin, massaging the matrix (area above the cuticle). Stop applying nailhardeners to your nails, the create crosslinks, making you nails harder, but to many crosslinks will give you brittle nails.

If your nails are still to thin after a let's say 2 months, start using Bris Lite Smoothing of Sculpting gel as an natural nail overlay. I garantee it will not 'wear' as enhancements do, it's thin and natural, it will not damage your own natural thin nails and it will give the strenght you need.
Goodluck :)

Thanks ladies this forum site is a god send I have regular mani and wear gloves a lot over night with cream and keep skin and good condition any recommendations for any vitamin supplements as such to help ?? Could that be a contributing factor ?? C

Hi, Brisa lite smoothing gel has been a god send for me. My nails naturally are weak, bendy and even shellac wouldn't last a week. Now with Brisa lite my shellac lasts as long as I want and I am literally filing down the length weekly!
It's superb stuff!

Thanks ladies this forum site is a god send I have regular mani and wear gloves a lot over night with cream and keep skin and good condition any recommendations for any vitamin supplements as such to help ?? Could that be a contributing factor ?? C

I'm still in training (doing my master acrylic) with CND.
But i learned that as long as we eat healthy normal foods, it's useless to take extra vitamins. All the vitamins we need are in our food if we're healthy.

I'm still in training (doing my master acrylic) with CND.
But i learned that as long as we eat healthy normal foods, it's useless to take extra vitamins. All the vitamins we need are in our food if we're healthy.

I have trained in vitamin supplements, and I'm afraid that most people don't eat anything near a healthy diet. All our major organs will get the nutrients they need, and skin and nails get whats left. I have had incredible results with supplements for the skin and nails. Added to which, at times of stress, our bodies don't function so well, so again, supplements can be a great resource. I have recommended topical vitamin A, rubbed into the nails, and a good supplement for nails and hair. These can take a little time to work as the other organs will get first dibs! Hope that helps x

Latest posts

Back