How can I stay in our industry while on the road?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GypsyStylist

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am a fully licensed cosmetologist and have been actively working in the industry for over 10 years. Hair is my first love but I have experience in manicure, pedicuring, facials, skin care and waxing. I was a instructor at a Paul Mitchell school for a year and I'm currently doing hair full time at a salon. My husband and I have decided to change our lifestyle and become full time RV travelers. This won't happen for about a year but I am starting to plan our adventures now.
My question for you all is if anyone knows of a way I can stay in our industry while on the road. We plan on staying in a location for a few months at a time so I feel like starting at a salon would not work. I love our industry and would love to continue to contribute and stay active in it even if it's part time or working online. I would appreciate any advice or suggestions. Thank you!

Hello everyone,
I am a fully licensed cosmetologist and have been actively working in the industry for over 10 years. Hair is my first love but I have experience in manicure, pedicuring, facials, skin care and waxing. I was a instructor at a Paul Mitchell school for a year and I'm currently doing hair full time at a salon. My husband and I have decided to change our lifestyle and become full time RV travelers. This won't happen for about a year but I am starting to plan our adventures now.
My question for you all is if anyone knows of a way I can stay in our industry while on the road. We plan on staying in a location for a few months at a time so I feel like starting at a salon would not work. I love our industry and would love to continue to contribute and stay active in it even if it's part time or working online. I would appreciate any advice or suggestions. Thank you!

over the next year, why don't you start up a social media following offering services in x city at x time etc.. sort of like the nomad barber on youtube when he did a travelling special? or making a blog about the most popular services available in that city.. trialling them, researching them, learning and offering them? i would definitely give it a follow and see what you got up to x

This sounds so exciting! What about doing hair extensions and posting in local groups of were you will be x

Latest posts

Back