How can you charge so cheap!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NinalouiseXx

Reaction score
Gelish manicure £20 how can I compete with those prices. How can you charge that for a manicure + gelish !!!
I provide professional services with good quality professional products. I give a lot of time to my clients. Weather it's a booking or enquiry . But I feel I'm loosing custom as a mobile professional.
I think I have lost confidence with my prices. Has anyone else experienced this and how did you overcome this? Sorry to moan 😩

Its worth enquiring what a gelish manicure includes. Some places near me advertise a shellac mani but in fact its just shellac application, no cuticles etc nothing. Xx

Its worth enquiring what a gelish manicure includes. Some places near me advertise a shellac mani but in fact its just shellac application, no cuticles etc nothing. Xx

I agree with Blossom, lots of place near me advertise a shellac manicure but it is only application.

Someone near me has just started and is charging £15 for bluesky and £10 on an intro offer.

I don't compete.. I have been doing nails for a long time, my application is good and I use the original CND Shellac :)

I have a different clientele to the girl charging £15, as would you have, so I shouldn't worry about it. Just keep the focus on your business and get the right clientele for you!

Ohh I hadn't thought of that. Perhaps it's is just application .
Thank you. Sharan Thank you. Your confidence in yourself has made me more positive xx

There's a salon near me that advertises shellac for £10. I don't think it's a full mani just application but even so that is ridiculously cheap.

I couldn't give a toss who charges what. My prices are what I've set them at, what I'm worth and what top products I use in my salon. If people don't want to pay my prices, so be it. There's plenty that do and that's the type of clientele I aim for. Not some deal chaser. I understand everyone loves a bargain, but cutting your prices isn't going to bring you loyal clientele. As Gigi Rouse once said ' work smarter, not hader.
Ive spent a fortune on products and education over the years and continue to do so whilst offering a great service. :)

I couldn't give a toss who charges what. My prices are what I've set them at, what I'm worth and what top products I use in my salon. If people don't want to pay my prices, so be it. There's plenty that do and that's the type of clientele I aim for. Not some deal chaser. I understand everyone loves a bargain, but cutting your prices isn't going to bring you loyal clientele. As Gigi Rouse once said ' work smarter, not hader.
Ive spent a fortune on products and education over the years and continue to do so whilst offering a great service. :)

Totally agree. Yet again I will quote Waitrose and Asda. Give me the Waitrose customers any day - except maybe the ones who scrat around in the discounted bit (me lol) x

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app

Someone near me has just started and is charging £15 for bluesky and £10 on an intro offer.

I don't compete.. I have been doing nails for a long time, my application is good and I use the original CND Shellac :)

I have a different clientele to the girl charging £15, as would you have, so I shouldn't worry about it. Just keep the focus on your business and get the right clientele for you!

I actually am more insulted that the places that used to be a cheap nail salon now have a face lift and charge the same as me. Some us shellac some don't. Most use prodcuts which are harsh to take off and clients come to me to fix them. Provide a superior service, good positive conversation, and educate your clients. Those are things that are hard to provide at a cheap price.

Latest posts

Back