How did come up with your company logo?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pretty&pampered

Reaction score
if you use a logo on your business literature how did you decide on what to have.

i have been playing with some ideas and looking at others designs but still dont know what to do.

Also do you think it gives a better impression of what you do if you do have a logo on your cards, leaflets, car etc.

I know it's the work that we do that is most important but wanted to look the biz too.

Any help would be great.

Thanks in Advance

hiya - im having probs with this too - i cant for the life of me find owt i like. maybe we could swap around - whats your biz name? mine is fingerz n toez - so you come up with a logo for mine and ill do the same for yurs - its worth a try at least eh

PS i also do beauty

Gosh i will have to sleep on that i think mine is/wilbe/maybe/havent decided for sure yet lol Pretty & Pampered i intend to do more ie beauty or some sort of therapies at a later date, but just nails for now.

just a though how bout someone siiting knees bent with arms round legs (if you know what i mean) kinda with hand on legs showing work you have done. or even the whole person if you makeup etc.
will get back to ya on that one hop this INSPIRES you or may frighten you lol

hth

I used [email protected] who charge £15 to design an original logo. They also do your other literature, v reasonable. Drop them a line. They're v helpful and fast.

I tried for ages to think of a clever name involving nails but to no avail as i'm not very clever. Lol

In the end I decided to stick with my name but didn't like the thought of Nails by Rebecca or anything like that so decided to go with my surname which is Beach and then thought it would be good if when I eventually get myself set up I could have a beach and ocean theme to the room.

Anyway here is what i've decided on for the logo. I did it myself on the computer with some clip-art and word-art.

Hope u like.

Okay someone help me I can't up load my logo cos it says it's not in the right format and it won't cut and paste. How d'you do it?

I'm very lucky, my father and my two brothers are all graphic designers and they have their own print company so I get all my design and print done for free! Which is a good job as I'm useless at design! J xx

The easiest way to make a company logo is to find a fancy or decorative font that you like and have your name done in that. www.dafont.com has hundreds, I get ones from there (or did, pre-dropping out, tehe!) all the time for uni work (I was doing graphic type stuff a lot), they also have dingbats which is (sorry if I'm being patronising, just in case people didn't know) where each keystroke is represented by a picture or symbol, not a letter. If I can get it onto this PC later, I'll upload a logo I did for a tanning service using a simple font ('Impact') and sillhouettes from a dingbats front ('Darrian's sexy sillhouettes 3'), both from dafont. There is also a nice dingbat of a nail polish bottle from a font called 'princess bv' which I've put aside for when I'm trying to do a logo.
Most of the fonts are freeware and shareware, which means (although with some you have to check the read me files that come with them) you're free to use them how you like as long as you don't sell them or claim them as your own. Most will give you an email for the creator if you want to check with them if you can use it for your logo (although you would think most wouldn't mind), and all fonts on dafont are free to download.
Also on dafont you can type in any word you like so that as you preview the fonts it will show what it looks like displaying that word rather than 'AaBbCc', so you can see what your name would look like.
Lol x

You know sometimes when you wish you didn't look!!!!

There's sooo many to choose from it's almost impossible but it's great that it shows 'your name' in the sample. What a cool site though, loads of ideas just ????? where to start :confused: .

Latest posts

Back