How Did You Get Yours.....?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my user name took a while to think of pmsl, But its my first name Lol and my mum's birth year :o ok I'm lying.

Mrs Geek said:
OMG that would have been terrible - for those of you who may not know - Sam was known as Samuel 'Spunkaaaa' Sweet:eek: In the US, this means you have 'zing' or 'hutspa' (god knows who you spell that) - anyway - he soon realised in the UK that this name would not work!!! Mrs ...naaaa let's just :o NOT go there!! :rolleyes:
For Samantha's benefit (and anybody else who is remotely interested!) the spelling is "Chutzpah" and if you're a jewish person (this is yiddish) it actually means "cheek" so for example if somebody said "oy, mate, you'll do my nails for free wont you??" that would be considered a major chutzpah!!!

As far as my name is concerned, i'll leave that one for you to work out for yourselves! :)

Well mine was the first thing that came into my head when it said enter user name!

Creative as that's who i trained with and erm mad cos well erm i am!

Am off to email oh great GMG to ask if i can change it to planet-nails as that's what name i'm now using for my mobile business...

planet cos all my friends ask which one i'm on and nails cos that what i do - lol

Taz
x

The Nail Geek said:
Because 'Nail Dork' sounded pants :)
That made me laugh for the rest of the day!!

Mine speaks for itself really, live near Valencia, love nails.
Excellent thread, had a few giggles reading the messages, some of which were 'out-loud', tried explaining to the kids but gave up lol.

Artymarty ..............well. My name is Martine, and I like anything arty. Simple as that!!! Lol

Well....my little girl is called Katie...and we affectionately have a nickname for her 'minky moo' (dont know why! and yes i am aware of what some people refer to as their 'minky moo!!' haha ) and then it just progressed to Minkus can't say why but hey..it's original!

my actual name is Angela Huntington, but that's way too long. So I thought that I'd use my Korean name, even though it's spelling isn't correct... I'm gonna try to fix that. :?:

p.s. how do i go about fixing my user name?

Mine's pretty boring too - I have a cat (who's the absolute love of my live, after hubby) and I still call her a kitten even though she's three years old. Actually, I usually call her Kit-Mit (kitten mitten) - this is just getting worse, I'm gonna stop now! xxx

I'm mum (notice little m) not because I'm so ancient (although I am a bit ancient) nor because I think I'm the Mother of...........? but because it's what I'm called by many who I work with. The models are so young I always look after them (this new crop of the maga-babes are all 17!!!!) and I am always making everyone tea cos I drink so much I can never just make mine.

It started a few years ago when I was working with a new model (v big now) who was 15 and could not speak English. We spent several days together and I was teaching nice little things, like the words to the Beatles song Yesterday (it was her favourite song in Russia). The crew however, being 'young men' were teaching her very naughty words! She would come and tell me her new 'word' and I would have to stop her using it and tell the lads off! I therefore became 'mum'.

mum said:
I'm mum (notice little m) not because I'm so ancient (although I am a bit ancient) nor because I think I'm the Mother of...........? but because it's what I'm called by many who I work with. The models are so young I always look after them (this new crop of the maga-babes are all 17!!!!) and I am always making everyone tea cos I drink so much I can never just make mine.

It started a few years ago when I was working with a new model (v big now) who was 15 and could not speak English. We spent several days together and I was teaching nice little things, like the words to the Beatles song Yesterday (it was her favourite song in Russia). The crew however, being 'young men' were teaching her very naughty words! She would come and tell me her new 'word' and I would have to stop her using it and tell the lads off! I therefore became 'mum'.
I'm so glad you shared this with us coz when this thread started your username was one of the first ones i thought of that needed explaining!! :lol:

Hi,

mine comes from my boyfriend's nickname for me. he was in the Navy and they all call each other by their nicknames (always based on their surname) His is Whitney as his surname is Hooson - Go figure? - Anyway, my real name is Gemma Smith and the Navy name for Smith is Smudger.

He then decided I was a Booboo? and combined the two and it's now Smudger Boo. A work in progress - who'll know what it will be next month. I answer to anything now as a result. :green:

My name is because my surname is Beach...not a place I can spend a lot of time at coincidentally cos I burn so easily and Babe because my husband is BeachBoy and Beachgirl sounded crap. :rolleyes:

This is not my real name... might as well be... when i was little my brother and cousin called me one of 2 things POO or RAQUEL welch and as you do when a toddler i screamed "MY NAME IS NOT RAQUEL ITS RACHEL!!!!!!!!!" "MAM sob_ TELL HIM TO STOP CALLING ME POO!!!!!!" and cried buckets at both... then years ago when another Rachel came to our place ,i decided i wanted to be called Raquel as she was a barmaid in the rovers at this point and my surname was to be vol au vent cos it was the first foreign word i could think of ... my parents call me it all the girls and the salon does too.. erm.... other names i have tried include Shirley and Cynthia...... mmmm.... im stark raving mad!!!! (GUTTED all my certificates say RACHEL!)

Karren said:
ok .....................

i have a really really really BORING user name ....... you can tell i had my Creative head on when i set this one up !! ...... Karren !!!:sad:

Yes i know 2 R's but that was only an error on my birth certificate, no interesting story there !

anyone with any inspiration for a new user name on geek for me please do let me know so i can feel a little more special and geeky ?

Keep it clean though eh !!

kx :rolleyes:
My spelling of Teena I beleived to be a spelling mistake on my birth certificate, but I found out when I was about 11 that my dad did it on purpose! I also found out at that time that my middle name Alison is actually spelt with 2 L's, so ALLISON! I'd been spelling it the normal way before that!:eek:

I actually wanted to use Teena B as my make-up artist name as I don't like my surname, but I've gone off it now. I was gonna have a logo with a bee (how original!) actually may change my avatar to this thinking about it!

Boring or what!!!

Funny this post started as I have always wanted to know where Geeg came from?

Will you spill the beans Gigi??????

Hiya,

I dont know where my name came from, i suppose cos Herman is my hubby. I must say he does look like herman abit, you know looks half dead, abit thick sometimes and has bolts through his neck (only joking Hermie). I have just asked Herman and he says his name is a life like image

SAY NO MORE!!!!

Amanda

Fab Freak said:
Funny this post started as I have always wanted to know where Geeg came from?

Will you spill the beans Gigi??????
I don't know if Gigi has read this thread but I can answer this! It was the Geeks fault! :rolleyes: When he first opened up the site we would check it for him and test it; he kept calling mum Geeg which is how Yorkshire people might say Gigi for short - hence Geeg just became her name on the site!! :)

I know I'm a day late and a dollar short. I was thinking about creating a thread on this very same thing, I am so glad I decided to do a search before I started it, I didn't know it had been done already. I was sitting here having the time of my life reading the posts, and I would love to find out the way some of the other geeks picked their user names.;)
I suppose it would probably be proper for me to share first huh?! It's very uninteresting,:zzz: as we all know the matrix is were the nail originates from,:suprised: that would be enough right there but "The Matrix" is my favorite movie of all time, so I just went with the best of both worlds....

Latest posts

Back